“Excellent business stay”

Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Mansfield, Texas
“Excellent business stay”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here recently for business. Courteous staff and clean rooms. Good location for eating options. I would not have any reservations to staying here again and in fact, due to its proximity to our work, will stay here from now on when visiting the area.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 214 without issue.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Terri S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Steve K, Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your last business trip and I'm glad to hear you will be staying with us more often! I appreciate your compliments. If you interested in exploring a variety of dining opportunities in the area, we can help you with that as we have just about any kind of food you can imagine within a couple of miles of the hotel. Thanks again for choosing us when you visit Overland Park. Terri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I spent a night at this one year old hotel. Antonio was at the front desk to greet me with a big smile - a great greeting after a long day of travel. I stayed at the fourth floor facing the main road. The room was clean and I like that the hotel was equipped with guest laundry. My only small complain was the noise from people smoking and hanging outside near the entrance at night. I didn't care for people chatter late into the night while I am trying to get some sleep. Other than that, I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Room 429 faces main road and near front entrance
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Terri S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Koheve, Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Guest service and cleanliness are the most important things when you stay with us. We have an outstanding staff who is here to take care of you, I'm glad you were able to experience their hospitality! I do apologize for the noise outside the front entrance while you were trying to sleep, we try to keep it to a minimum. The rooms on the other side of the hallway face a wooded area with a walking trail and creek, a pretty great view! Next time you are in the area, we will do our best to get you on that side of the hotel. Terri
USA
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The employees are phenomenal. Very friendly. The noise level is pretty high. The doors slam really hard, and that is pretty disturbing. The breakfast included biscuits and gravy. The biscuit was rock hard. I couldn't even break it up with my teeth. That's quite unacceptable. (However, the man serving breakfast was on top of things and greeted everyone with a smile and was willing to be of help. He was not scarce as many are in other hotels.) One thing I really liked was the pancake maker. Although I do love the waffles that other hotels offer, EVERY hotel offers them. So, this was a nice change. I had never seen one before.
While I was getting ready approximately 9:30am, the housekeeping had their music blaring in the hallway. I couldn't even believe it. I stepped into the hallway and asked them to turn it down. The guy mumbled something to me that I couldn't understand because heaven forbid someone speak the native language, but after about a minute, they turned it down.
Only minutes later, the wall to my room was vibrating from the vacuum cleaner. That was startling and then irritating. So, the housekeeping was my biggest problem. Very disruptive.
The bed was really hard which I loved. Others might not. However, I didn't sleep well because the air conditioner vibrated off an on. Had it vibrated all the time, that would've been ok. But it's the on again off again that interrupted my sleep.
So, I might stay again....might not.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Terri S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Mrsmarkfb,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm very glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast, the pancake maker and the service of our attendant, Hebert. I will pass on your comments about the biscuits and make sure we are keeping them fresh on the buffet. I apologize for the noise you experienced from housekeeping and the air conditioning unit. I do thank you for your feedback as it your comments that help us to improve our product and our service for all our guests. I hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
Terri
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Terri Swinford, the general manager, and her staff, especially Hebert (who was in charge of the breakfasts), went the extra mile for our family. We were gathered for a funeral and, starting from check-in, Terri and her staff acknowledged our loss and were constantly asking what more they could do to help. Terri set aside a private room for us so we could all sit together for breakfast. We also gathered there at various times over the 3 days we were at the hotel for mutual support, and even brought in lunch food and invited family members not staying at the hotel to join us. Terri brought in a refrigerator in which we could store our food, and coffee was constantly provided. It was as close to all of us staying with family as it could be--we felt taken care of by people who really cared about us with a sensitivity that was remarkable. We will never forget all this kindness.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Nancy, It is always very difficult to loose loved ones, but I am so glad you were able to gather your family together and let us take care of you. It was our pleasure to be able to provide you with the privacy your family deserved during this rough time. I hope you will come back and see us when you are in town next. Terri
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here two nights on business. Very friendly and fast check-in. No problems with my room. Hotel was quiet, and the room was very clean.
Breakfast buffet was good, and Herbert was constantly making sure that food items were well-stocked, tables were cleared, and everyone had what they wanted at breakfast.
Location is near many small restaurants (including an always packed Chic-Fil-A) and the highway.
I would definately consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
tvphotog1, So glad you were able to experience our warm hospitality in Overland Park! Thanks for stay with us and I will pass along the compliments to Hebert at breakfast! I hope you will not only stay with us on business, but anytime you want to get away. We will see you next time.
Terri
Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel multiple times in the past six months without incident however this stay was not even close to fair. Noise level was grossly unacceptable and the bed linens soiled. Between the kids stomping overhead and the noisy guests in nearby rooms, the stay felt like a trip to the circus. Next trip I will be staying elsewhere.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Terri S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Nancy S
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Since you've stayed with us previously, you know this is not typical of our hotel. We do everything we can to provide our guests with a quiet, clean room. It is unfortunate that other guests made it a rough stay for you. I hope you will choose to stay with us again when you are in the area.
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a soccer tourney. I was immediately impressed that they imposed a curfew for the children. Very nice that they think of the other customers. Breakfast a winner as always. Very clean!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Terri S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thanks for choosing to stay with us for your soccer tournament. We try to ensure that every guest has a quiet relaxing stay every time. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our hot breakfast. Come see us again next time you are in the Overland Park area!