“Excellent value, wonderful stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Overland Park
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I just stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It is everything the reviewers have stated. The desk clerk who checked me in was courteous and helpful, and the next morning when I walked through the lobby at 6am he was still on duty and still courteous and cheerful! He had just pulled an 18 hour shift. This guy deserves a gold star and a raise!

I almost didn't stay here because when I tried to call the hotel direct to make a reservation I was hung up on twice! I wanted to be sure the pet policy had not changed before making my reservation. Been burned on that before. But I finally made online reservations, noting that I had 2 small dogs in the special requests section, and they were expecting me and the boys.

The hotel is in a quiet area away from traffic, the grounds are well manicured. The pool and courtyard looked delightful, the breakfast area was very nice, the room was comfy, had a small balcony with a table and chairs, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom adequate. There were mirror closet doors behind the sink area so I could actually see the back of my hair when getting ready! Now whoever designed this knows what women need! Although there were many people staying in the hotel with pets and children I never heard any commotion as a result. Great stay. I will definitely stay there every time I am in the area.

The only thing I did not rate as excellent was the "restaurant" which was just the breakfast provided. It was adequate, but not a lot of choices. It did have a waffle maker and biscuits and gravy if you like carbs for breakfast. But can't complain about the price. With Senior discount my room rate was $60.40 and with taxes added it was right at $75. Excellent value.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ksdoglady

Edgewater, Florida, USA
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Staying at the La Quinta was one of the best expereinces I have ever had at any hotel...ever.
Beautiful patio/landscaping , great breakfast , and comfortable , clean room. I could not have asked for more JJ from Florida.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Must be one of the top LaQuintas in the country. Due to my priority guest status I was upgraded to a suite (along with my dog). The lobby is great, overall location is good with lots of shopping and food options near by.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank RSB461
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Nothing but positives here from our stay. Great quiet room, really good breakfast. If this is what La Quinta is doing at all of their hotels, I'll be conducting more business with them in the future.

1  Thank RoadGator23
Elkhorn, Nebraska, USA
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Great service at front desk. Great service from House Cleaning. Great service at Breakfast. Clean and very comforable and quiet. We stay there as a family once a year when in Kansas City. Very reasonable rates and great value for your dollar.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The staff and room service is great, but the rooms are not very well maintained. It might be a great hotel if you expect to pay for a two-start hotel, but if you come with expectations of three-start hotel, you would be disappointed!

2  Thank FromIllinois88
Hinckley, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We will always stay here when we are traveling through the Kansas City Area. Rooms are of the highest quality, clean and pleasant. Staff is helpful and friendly. Morning breakfast is super. This location is our favorite in the La Quinta Inn & Suites group that we have visited.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member