I just stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It is everything the reviewers have stated. The desk clerk who checked me in was courteous and helpful, and the next morning when I walked through the lobby at 6am he was still on duty and still courteous and cheerful! He had just pulled an 18 hour shift. This guy deserves a gold star and a raise!
I almost didn't stay here because when I tried to call the hotel direct to make a reservation I was hung up on twice! I wanted to be sure the pet policy had not changed before making my reservation. Been burned on that before. But I finally made online reservations, noting that I had 2 small dogs in the special requests section, and they were expecting me and the boys.
The hotel is in a quiet area away from traffic, the grounds are well manicured. The pool and courtyard looked delightful, the breakfast area was very nice, the room was comfy, had a small balcony with a table and chairs, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom adequate. There were mirror closet doors behind the sink area so I could actually see the back of my hair when getting ready! Now whoever designed this knows what women need! Although there were many people staying in the hotel with pets and children I never heard any commotion as a result. Great stay. I will definitely stay there every time I am in the area.
The only thing I did not rate as excellent was the "restaurant" which was just the breakfast provided. It was adequate, but not a lot of choices. It did have a waffle maker and biscuits and gravy if you like carbs for breakfast. But can't complain about the price. With Senior discount my room rate was $60.40 and with taxes added it was right at $75. Excellent value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a choice spot to base your visit to Overland Park. With convenient access to the city's top attractions and businesses, you'll be glad you stayed with us. You'll also enjoy plenty of creature comforts and amenities, including clean, comfortable rooms, meeting facilities, free Wi-Fi and our famous free Bright Side Breakfast(R). Wake up each morning to waffles, fresh fruit, pastries, bagels and all-you-can-drink coffee and juice. Once you're feeling full and energized, you'll be ready to take advantage of quick access to all the fun and entertainment Overland Park has to offer. A place for all ages, Overland Park is ideal for families and single adults. Looking for a way to keep your children happy and well-behaved? Visit Bump City/Monster Mountain for some climbing and indoor playtime. Or, head to the Cave Spring Historic Site & Nature Center for some natural beauty and learning opportunities. Adults will be thankful that out hotel is positioned near so many shops, restaurants and sports venues, where the best of the best compete to see who's number one. At the end a day filled with business or fun, you can retire to your bedroom or our hotel swimming pool, where rest and relaxation are sure to find you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Overland Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites
- La Quinta Hotel Overland Park
- La Quinta Overland Park
- Overland Park La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Overland Park Kansas