Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard
Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$228
  • Pool
US$134
US$122
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$127
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$97
Hyatt Place Overland Park/Convention Center(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$134
US$135
US$123
US$89
Priceline
All reviewsfree breakfastcourtyard areaside entrancelower level roommarriott appcoffee maker in the roomroom ratenice hotelthe staff was extremely friendlymini fridgecomfortable bedwould definitely stay here againstarbucks coffeefirst floorbusiness hotelbreakfast barrooms were very clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've stayed here several times. Great location and the hotel is clean with excellent service. The rooms are a nice size as are the bathrooms. The beds are so comfortable! We decided to buy a Marriott bed after we stayed here. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We usually request upper floor away from the elevator. Easy sleeping with no one above and we can't hear folks coming in and out of the elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Like most Marriotts this hotel is in excellent condition. The furnishings, carpets, draperies, everything is just beautiful and in perfect shape even though it's not necessarily a new hotel. There is a fairly nice little grille in the lobby that is clean and serves fresh, good food although not the best selection. I found the customers to be fairly sophisticated business people and my stay was pleasant and quiet with no major issues. The main criticism is that the staff can be a little prickly with customers and even among themselves. It reminded me of the 20 years I spent in the NYC area. Usually this kind of pattern begins with management, but it's definitely present in the staff here. I'm not sure why, but they need to work on their midwestern friendliness like at the Hyatt Places in town, which are much different.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Santa_Fe_NM_Critic
OPCtydManager, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you very much for the great comments about our hotel. I apologize that our staff's service was under expectation. This is definitly not our normal. I will share your comments with the staff.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The room is nice and comfortable. Tons of lights and outlets to plug into. Looks like there's a balcony for each room to sit out, mine overlooked the courtyard. The bed was comfortable with nice pillows. The room layout is kind of funky. The TV is to the left of the bed instead of infront of, which makes it hard to watch. The free WiFi connection is pretty poor but that's probably because they want you to upgrade to the other. I went to the lobby and asked if there was a bottle opener to use, told I can bring the bottle down and have it opened. I didn't really feel like coming down each time I wanted to open a bottle of beer but otherwise staff is friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: If your room is on Metcalf, you'll have a lovely view of what I believe is a graveyard across the street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for the comments and feedback. I will make sure to share with our staff.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stopping in for business this Marriott was exceptionally clean and the evening staff at check-in was amazingly gracious. Morning management was a little less friendly. Gym was nice, room was better than expected, the decor and recent remodel is beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I oftentimes choose to stay in a Marriott and am a silver Elite member. I must say this Marriott is not meeting my expectation. My room has ants crawling on the desk. The sink has some kind of back up the drain. The sink was clean before I went to bed. But it was covered with some sort of direct when I woke up - two days in a row. I had never had a stay like this in a Marriott. I always got premium free wifi in the Marriott that I stayed at. But not this one. I got regular free wifi not the premium wifi.

However. I must say the Bistro was good and the staff was friendly

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
OPCtydManager, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback and your great comments about our Bistro staff! I apologize for the issues in your room. Please be assured that this is not our usual level of service and I will be addressing your concerns with my staff. If there is anything I can do for you to make up for these issues, please contact me directly at jeff.miles@marriott.com. Thank you!