“Still a great place to stay!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-Overland Park
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Wichita
“Still a great place to stay!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We came here since Homewood Suites was booked. We were pleased that the staff and management continue to keep this original Embassy Suite fresh and clean. There were lots of families with children when we stayed this time (over a weekend) so the noise level was just a little high Saturday night but complimentary breakfast and evening reception were top notch. Room service was fast and hot when we got it. We will likely stay here again as I was surprised it has held up so well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Sarah R, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-Overland Park, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
We are glad fate brought you to us and that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to your return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The service is good. The staff is very helpful and addressed issues quickly. The room is comfortable. The living area was spacious but the furniture could use updating. The bathroom was small but clean. The bedroom is small. Not much space to walk with the king sized bed, but updated fixtures and features in the bedroom made it a comfortable stay. The location offers easy access to a variety of restaurants and nearby shopping.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to share your review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return!
Wylie
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was very impressed with the staff. They treated us great!. The front desk staff, cook, and bartenders were fantastic. We were disappointed with the cooling in the room we turned the thermostat down to 64 and we still were warm in the bedroom. The living room was nice and cool. I checked the air and it was blowing cold, so I don't know why the room stayed so warm. The hair dryer worked , but the switch was broken. The room was clean and comfortable although it as seen better days. There was a girls softball tournament in the area and the kids would be screaming which echoed though the atrium. This could be heard in our suite. I thought the price was a little high for the condition of the hotel. We might stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for the kind words for our staff, I was very happy to share with them! I appreciate your comments regarding the noise and comfort of the temperature in your room as these help us in our continuing effort to be better. We look forward to your return!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is my husband's favorite Embassy Suites. He must have told me this 10 times the first day we were there. Check in was quick. The room was clean and quiet. Could not hear any noise in the room from the hallway. Had drinks at the cocktail hour. It was a bit annoying that the reunion of people staying there were saving a bunch of tables, because there family had just "run across the street and would be right back." Yeah, they were right back, an hour and a half later and half the rest of the family had vacated the tables by that time. Rather rude, I thought. There is a pool and a workout room, which we didn't end up using. The breakfast was good, lots of options and plenty of places to sit. We unfortunately decided to check out the same time as everyone else and after the third full elevator, I decided to push the up button, in the hopes of getting an empty elevator. Thankfully, that worked. We will be staying here again in August.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay and that this is your husband's favorite Embassy! We are celebrating our 30th anniversary this year and get the honor of being the first ever Embassy built! We look forward to your return in August!
Fairview, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The AC unit was replaced upon request the day I arrived, and the new unit was not functional by the second night. I had to leave the room door open to let cool air in from the hall. The toilet constantly ran and had to be fixed also the first night I stayed. To top that off, I saw some sort of bug crawl into a crack in the ceiling where a light fixture was falling and the inside of the vents had more collected dust and dirt than I have ever seen (and I worked in maintenance in the past). I have stayed in over 50 Hilton brand hotels and this one is leaps and bounds the worst. In my opinion, it was barely a notch above a Motel 6 (just costs 4 times more)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Matt H
Thank you very much for staying with us while visiting Overland Park and also for having taken the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very sorry for the troubles you experienced. I will personally review your feedback with our team and look for ways on how we could have done things differently.

Please accept our apologies for having missed the opportunity to impress you and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. If travel brings you back to Overland Park, please reach out to me and I will make sure you have a great stay!
Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our family drives to an ES every summer for a road trip. This one is in a great location, great staff, manager's special and breakfast both great. But we had to change rooms because the A/C unit was frozen. Same thing happened in the room we were moved to and the replacement A/C units looked very old. There's a need for A/C upgrades throughout the hotel I'm guessing. Everything else about the hotel is great. Interestingly, this ES location has only "king" rooms and the bathroom felt a bit smaller than other ES locations we've stayed in.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for sharing your comments with us! I'm sorry for the AC troubles and the inconvenience of having to move rooms!! Please stay tuned and we will be sure to update you on any upgrades coming in the future. I am very happy to hear you had a great experience with our staff, breakfast, and reception! Please let me know when you are coming back into town and I will assure you do not have any issues with your HVAC.- Sarah Rose
Washington, DC, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My sister, the bride, had a difficult time sleeping in a smelly room. Since the room was set up by relatives, I did not want to disrupt everyone's night, so I did not request to move rooms. The room smelled stale and of mildew and old cloth. The manager and front desk clerk, Stephanie and Christian were helpful, however I was charged for complimentary movies and then 50% was deducted from my bill.

1 Thank Neosho P
I am very sorry you and your sister did not have a good experience with us especially on her wedding night!! I am glad to hear that Christian and Stephanie were helpful in trying to make it right and were able to correct the problems with the room. Thank you very much for staying and sharing your thoughts with us, if there is anything further I can do please do not hesitate to call or email. - Sarah Rose