“Pool was closed and customer service was lacking.”

Super 8 Overland Park KC Area Near Convention Center
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
O Fallon, MO
“Pool was closed and customer service was lacking.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here for a softball tourney. Property was selected because of pool. Health inspector shut the pool down on our second night. Personnel seemed like they could care less if we were staying there or not. On May 25, 2014, I requested the manager contact me via phone regarding a rate adjustment. I called back on June 7, 2014 to follow up and was told the Manager emailed everyone to apologize about the pool being out of service. I never received an email nor a phone call. I will wait to see what the manager says, but this was not a good experience. I could have stayed at other properties for the same cost.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Bray076
Pragnesh N, General Manager at Super 8 Overland Park KC Area Near Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
First of all we are very sorry for that and please do give me a call @913-341-4440 and i will personally handle your situations,
we are do our best to satisfy our guest wiht all the safety measures.

thank you and my name is PETER NAIK , I AM HERE MONDAY TO FRIDAY AND WE WILL DO OUR BEST.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
USA
Reviewed 13 May 2014

First off and most important, I arrived early traveling on 2 hours sleep and the front desk said "no problem" and took care of me immediately on a very early check-in. I arrived in my room and was pleasantly surprised to find my single queen room "just right". It had a comfortable and clean look to it and I easily settled in to my rest. It makes good use of its smaller size for which the window seat helped it feel larger and comfy. Smelled clean and smoke-free. There are several internet routers so I could choose the strongest signal for my room and used it extensively without problem. If I moved to the lobby or breakfast room then I would choose another router. A do not disturb sign kept housekeeping out of my room without bother. Everyone treated me with respect and I felt it was a very good value for the price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Pragnesh N, General Manager at Super 8 Overland Park KC Area Near Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and thank you so much for your comments and time.
we will do our best to make your stay more comfortable each time.

have a super day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was awful...our choices were cold cereal, oatmeal, prepackaged cinnamon rolls, dry tasteless oranges, coffee that is way too strong and extremely bitter, waffles, a loaf of bread that you could make toast with and yogurt. Then there's housekeeping....we stayed two nights and the first morning we were here I told the housekeeper that we didn't want our room cleaned and as soon as we left for the zoo, she came in and cleaned it. I don't like having strange people around my belongings. Then, this morning my husband was taking a few of our bags out to the truck and he told her, we aren't leaving yet. She started to come in our room anyway. The fact that she doesn't speak english is a lot of the problem! We won't be staying here again!!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank 8198
Pragnesh N, General Manager at Super 8 Overland Park KC Area Near Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
First of all thank you for staying with us and we will take all your comments and do our best to make all your stay more enjoyable.

In the breakfast we did have all the 8 items required by super8 and please give me acall directly at 913-341-4440 and i will do my best.

Thank you and Have a Super Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edmonton
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Room was small..did have an older smell to it but other than that it was ok. Everything worked as it should..If your looking for a hotel for the night then I would recommend this hotel. Close to lots of places to eat as well as 7-11 for snacks and what not. Staff were helpful with anything I needed. Breakfast was a very standard continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Good for one or two nights..other then that I would look elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Pragnesh N, General Manager at Super 8 Overland Park KC Area Near Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
First of all thank you for staying with us and we will appreciates your comments and time,

Thank you again and Have a Super day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The internet is difficult to connect to. The first staff member I spoke with Lea was extremely nice and helpful. I feel the price was too high for the room size without a fridge or microwave. They have room's with refrigerators but didn't have any available. One microwave in the breakfast area is ridiculous. I put my things on the luggage cart and brought them in and the manager asked me "what is that?" I responded my things. Then he asked if I was going to keep it in the room. I assumed he was referring to the luggage cart as if there is space in the tiny room. I felt his questions to be very rude. The older white lady at the front desk was rude every time I dealt with her and was sitting in the lobby talking very loudly on the phone and watching tv and didn't bother getting off the phone when I was trying to speak with her. The washer and dryers were overpriced and tiny as well.

Room Tip: You can get a better value and room elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris K
Pragnesh N, General Manager at Super 8 Overland Park KC Area Near Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for your comments and we did informed you before you check in and explained all aminities we had,

thanks again and Have a super day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!