“super clean”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We/ve been staying at the Holtze 1 - 2 time a year now for over 6 years. It's a very nice hotel. It's very clean and spacious. The beds are comfortable. The bathroom is large and has very good lighting. We've stayed in the suites and the regular hotel rooms. They're always nice. The breakfast is always very good and is a hot breakfast. The "dining room" is large with lots of tables. We've never been to the evening reception.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Google U, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thank you very much for such a great review! We work very hard to make everyone feel welcome. We want our guest to feel like our hotel is their home away from home.
I'm happy to see that you found our staff accommodating and happy.
I will make sure to pass this on to our Staff so they can get the recognition they deserve that motivates them to continue delivering excellent customer service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,888)

Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed in a one bedroom queen suite. The rooms were clean and spacious. The shower was huge and tall and powerful. There was a full kitchen. The room came with breakfast and evening appetizer social included. The food was actually better than we were expecting. In fact, the appetizers were plenty for dinner. The room came with a fireplace but we never could get it to light. The pool was clean and the water was a great temperature (not cold). The hotel was not near the baseball stadium or most attractions but it did have easy freeway access. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2010

I thought it was a 4 starr hotel but more like a 3. Bad things- staff differs on rules. Half the staff are great and the other no so much. It was super clean but if you had a maintance problem it took a day. ( we had a propane leak from the fireplace, we fixed it ourselves) Internet was down over 75 per cent of the time. the couch for our sitting room was very old and there were stains on the carpet.

Most of the staff were very nice. The place was spotless and the beds were very comfortable.
The breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, the area is a nice safe area in Kansas City. We are working to upgrade the hotel. We did not meet you expectations and for that we apologize. We strive every day to improve. We will address your comments to become better. We do hope to see you again in the future to give us another chance.

Reviewed 6 July 2010

I am a regular traveler and try to write reviews after my hotel stays as I have come to rely on the reviews that I read on Tripadvisor and want to be able to help other travelers by providing my own reviews. I have to admit that I was a little bit concerned after reading the June 2010 review of the place I was booked to stay during the first weekend in July.
I am glad that I went ahead and stayed at the Holtze Executive Village as I could not have been happier with my experience.
When I pulled up to the front of the lobby, I was impressed by the impeccable appearance of the grounds and the building. I even observed one of the grounds keepers scrubbing the sidewalk as we entered the lobby. The counter staff was courteous and accommodating as they quickly moved me through the registration process. My wife and I shared a suite with relatives and we could not have been happier with the choice. The suite was like a small apartment with two bedrooms, two baths, a kitchen with stove, range top, microwave and full-sized refrigerator. There were glasses and mugs in the cabinets as well as cookware and utensils. Everything was clean and orderly. There was also a full sized table with four chairs and a couch and stuffed chair in the living room area which also had a flat screen TV on the wall. The rooms have free Wi-FI access which is also a plus.
The bathrooms were spacious and impeccably clean. I was THRILLED to find extra towels in the cabinets, so there was no need to hunt down housekeeping in the event that I needed more than one towel per person.
The rooms are laid out much like small apartment complexes with the lobby located in the center of the complexes. There is a large pool which I observed the grounds crew checking the chemical balance of the water each morning as I ate breakfast in the lobby. Although the accommodations list the weekend breakfasts as continental, we were delighted to find that they served sausage, bacon, eggs, and waffles on top of the generous selection of continental breakfast choices.
The fitness room is small, but I was told that if I preferred, I could use a complimentary pass to a local health club that was situated near the hotel. The pool was large and as I said before, well maintained.
The hotel is located one block off of I-435 and US-69 which makes it rather convenient to get around the greater-Kansas City area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Cargotraveler

Reviewed 21 June 2010

Stayed at the hotel for a business trip. Have heard good things about this place so I was pretty excited about the "nice place". They do have a very nice lobby and a happy hour (those are the only things that were appealing about the place). Not sure if I was put in a room that used to be a smoking room but it stunk pretty badly. The room still had cleaning supplies in it (even though i checked in after 5pm), but they must have forgotten to finish cleaning the room. The bathroom had little flies and dead bugs in it, the carpet hasn't been vacuumed and the room looked very outdated. Toilet wasn't flushing and the tv didn't work very well. I would expect it from a low end hotel but not this one. I am quite disappointed, I think for my next trip I will definitely stay at another place.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank BTravel11145

Reviewed 21 June 2010

Spent three nights here on business trip. Sort of a combination hotel/extended stay place. Queen room was spacious with seating and work area. Very quiet. Rooms are located in separate buildings (like apartments) and have apartment-style exterior doors. Nice furnishings, comfortable bed. Short walk to pool/bar area where you get coupons for two free drinks/ night and complimentary heavy hors d'oeuveres are served Mon-Thurs until 7 pm. Food is not great but we made a dinner of it as we were quite busy. Breakfast is also served as part of room rate. There is also free wi-fi. All in alll, a good place to stay for a business trip.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 May 2010

My husband and I were looking for a nice, modestly priced hotel to stay in for our anniversary. For the spacious room, king-sized bed, garden tub, and complimentary breakfast we received, I felt that the $90 we paid for the evening was a steal.
The staff was super-friendly and even comped a free Pay Per View movie for us as an anniversary gift.
When we checked out, we realized that we were about 30 minutes later than checkout time. We felt terrible about it and apologized for our error; they were very pleasant and did not charge us anything extra for our mistake. I'm not by any means recommending taking advantage and I tentionally staying late, but it was refreshing to see a place that didn't attempt to screw us over on those types of things.
I highly recommend this establishment!