Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I've stayed here many times for business trips. The location is great close to shopping restaurants, the highway, etc. But it's always, "spin the wheel" as to how the stay is. The room was clean and well made. But I had to continually run down to the desk for, shampoo, drinking glass, teaspoon, hair-dryer.... Then the HVAC wasn't working and I was told they are booked, no rooms to be moved to....good luck with that. I had no luck. But the price usually is good and so I'll try again some time down the road. Travel safe!

Room Tip: I'm always put up on the 3rd floor???
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that we only provide kitchen amenities in each of our guest rooms. While it can be troubling to obtain these items from the front desk, it allows us to be more green friendly and provide for a larger number of guests overall. As well, I am very sorry that the A/C in your room did not function properly. I am working with my maintenance engineer to ensure that this is fixed.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kco@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Our first night there my little sister went to take a shower, opened the shower curtain, and there hanging was a dirty towel. When I told the front desk attendant about this issue, her response was, "Uh oh, thats not good." At no point did she say, " I truely do apologize for that, and I can reassure you that our staff cleans all of our rooms daily, and though someone forgot to remove the dirty linens, that's still unacceptable." Honestly that is all she had to say, but the longer I spoke with her about the issue, the more both my sister and I felt like she was trying to imply that we weren't telling the truth and that all we were looking for was a discount, which was not the case. She kept asking us why we didn't report the dirty towel the first night and if we did someone could have handled the situation that night instead of at check out. Also there was a dirty coffee filter left in the coffee machine from the last stay, or that stay before that since those things aren't obviously checked. And lastly, its fine that you all offer the grab-n-go breakfast, but we were up at 9am and there was no fruit and just a few blueberry muffins. Do these items only come on a first come first serve basis? Because it seems as though that "breakfast" isn't replenished at all.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Megan J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Megan - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize for your room not meeting our cleanliness standards and for our staff not attending to your needs properly. Please know, I am working with the staff on ways to handle a situation like yours in order to ensure it does not happen again. As well, I am reviewing how to provide great customer service to all of our guests.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kco@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I have stayed here on several occasions and it is always the same thing. If your going to promote it as an extended stay location with a kitchen, how about more than 1 plate, 1 fork, 1 knife, 1 cup ... You get the idea. The room is ok, the internet SUCKS, unless you want to pay for it, the channel offering on TV is patetic there are about 15 channels 2 are ESPN, a few home shopping channels and a few local channels. If your going to stay here Priceline it, you can get the room for $28 and that is fair price for this room.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that our internet and TV selections did not meet your expectations. Your kitchen should also have come better equipped. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be meeting to discuss what should be in every room to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at kco@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

The beds were hard and my room was smoky. It felt industrial. The kitchen was good to have though. The Good prices were decent that I got on Hotwire. You get what you pay for. There are other great options in Overland Park than this.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay at our hotel. I want to apologize for the smell in your room. It is certainly not what I expect from our staff and it will be looked into. Still, I am glad you were able to utilize the kitchen in your room and felt that the cost per night was on target.

If you're in the Overland Park area again, please consider letting me exceed your expectations by staying with us again. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know at kco@extendedstay.com.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

1) My reservation was incorrect, even though I confirmed twice when I made it. 2) When we arrived, cleanup staff carts were sitting in the lobby while they were sitting in the guest's chairs having a long conversation. 3) The room smelled like smoke, even though it was a non-smoking room. 4) The grab-n-go breakfast was not interesting at all. 5) Bathrooms are small 6) Dogs were allowed to roam outside without a leash. 7) It doesn't look like they recently renovated the entire hotel. 8) The location was the best thing about it!

Next time, we'll go to a better (probably higher priced) hotel! It's worth the extra money!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I apologize for the confusion from our end regarding your reservation. While all of our rooms are non-smoking, our staff should have made sure that your room was up to par before allowing us to check you into it. I will be speaking with our Housekeeping staff about proper cleaning and our Front Desk about handling reservations properly. I am sorry that our Grab-and-Go breakfast did not meet your expectations as well. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at KCO@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town

Reviewed 5 February 2013

The good: Very clean room. Full size fridge. Nice price. Friendly staff. Two desks, one to eat at the other to work at. Two burner stove. Coffee. Free WiFi, good for browsing but you may need to pay for faster if you watch Netflix.

The bad: No shampoo bottles. Housekeeping is not provided for two day stay, although you can get towels at desk. One elevator. No hangers or laundry bag. Corrosion of the tub plug. No tissues.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that we do not provide shampoo bottles in our rooms and that we do not provide housekeeping service daily. We do, however, provide shampoo upon request at the front desk but we do not provide daily housekeeping service so that we can take our cost savings and provide it to our customers in price of the rooms. As you stated in the title of your review, "Great for the price," is exactly what we are looking to provide. I am very sorry that you had to experience no hangers in your room and tub chrome corrosion. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to inspect every room today to ensure we have hangers and that our chrome fixtures are in great shape. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kco@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I have stayed at this particular property many times in the last couple of years. If you want the amenities and low proce typical of Extended Stay, you will be satisfied. Not all Extended Stay properties are the same. This one is at or near the top. Folks are friendly, always wlling to assist. The place has been remodeled a bit...nothing drastic, but they're keeping the place up. The location is good with food and groceries within a 5-10 minute walk.

Room Tip: First floor rooms near the lobby can get quite a bit of noise early in the morning.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm so pleased to hear that you are enjoying our recently renovated hotel and feel that the location is favorable . Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Overland Park
3 mi away
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf
La Quinta Inn & Suites Overland Park
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St.
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Overland Park
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at...
#30 of 37 in Overland Park

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.

Address: 10750 Quivira Rd, Overland Park, KS 66210-1217
Region: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Price Range: £44 - £59 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Overland Park
Overland Park Extended Stay
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.