Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed the night here after a Royals game. Checked in late. Staff was OK. When we got to our room it smelled like an ash tray. It was horrible. They would not move us because they said they did not have any available rooms. We were woke up at 8 am due to the fire alarm going off because the elevator broke and the people who were trapped inside where hitting the fire alarm. I spent most of the night in the parking lot trying to get away from the smell of the room. It is going to take my wife weeks to get the smell out of our cloths and bags.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Chris - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please accept our most sincere apologies for your room smelling of smoke and the fire alarm waking you up in the morning. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we are reminding our guests of our non-smoking policy and our smoking fees. We will also work with our housekeeping staff to make sure our rooms smell fresh prior to our guest's arrival.

We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please feel free to contact us directly, at kco@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

While not an upper-end property, the rooms do not cost the same as fancier properties. Still, the important things are there. A decent bed with decent quality bedding. Bathroom with adequate number of towels and soaps. Reasonably clean. Elevator access. A nice plus is the kitchen with full size fridge and stovetop. Adequate dinnerware for two. Kitchen bar with barstools. This was once Homestead Suites before being rebranded as ExtendedStayAmerica by the parent company. Their rooms are therefore a bit smaller than other ESA properties. Laundry room available. Adequate parking, although oversized vehicles and trailers can be a bit of an issue. Convenient to 435. Grab and Go breakfast that is standard with this brand. Coffee, instant oatmeal, Quaker breakfast and granola bars, apples and oranges, packaged muffins. They have treated me well.

Room Tip: There are no ice machines available at these properties, so if you like ice, load the ice cube trays...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BeachGurl2014

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen and our affordable rates. We are also pleased that you appreciated the amenities we have to offer.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

When I attempted to check in at 2pm I was told they do not allow early check ins and I told the woman I would see her at 3:01pm. I found my room dirty with 3 bars of soap left in the bath tub. The room had an odor. The air conditioner ran but never cooled. The coffe MUG, one, only one was unwashed then found the dishes too were unwashed but put back in the cupboard.

I will NEVER stay at ANY Extended Stay of America again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ryan R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that we did not provide you with a comfortable and clean room during your stay. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with the staff to review and improve our cleanliness standards. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ovp@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed 10 days due to family medical concerns. Spouse flew immediately and I arrived 3 days later. Spouse was not in room so I told the desk my spouse had arrived 3 days earlier and I needed to get in room but did not even know room number.. Girl said no problem and made me a key. Spouse was very upset they did not ask for ID or make any attempt to verify that I should have access to the room. I now agree and find that scary. Good price, reasonably clean and staff was helpful and friendly except for the night girl who was constantly missing from the desk. This was a full kitchen situation but we had only one large pan, no skillet, silverware for one person, one coffee cup and no glasses, and no cereal bowls etc. Desk said should have 4 of everything and did supply all the missing items. Told them to retrain the maids to do more than change sheets once a week. Great location for us near two freeways, grocery stores and eating places. Not too bad for one night but would not stay again for 10 days. The management did write me an apology that their hotel did not meet my expectations. I commend them for that.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank specialgeh
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens and convenient location at a great value. Still, I’m disappointed to learn that the level of professionalism displayed by some members of our staff did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please know, our housekeeping service is provided once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights. For those who are staying for shorter periods of time, services can be purchased for a minimal fee.

If you would like to provide any additional comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, ovp@extendedstay.com. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night because of location. The staff was exceptional, location very good, price is right. The grounds and outside are very well kept. The stairway and halls coming up stairs needed cleaning attention. Also, need container for cigarettes by the side door as lazy people just throw them on the ground.

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Rosalyn - Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff and our location during your visit with us. Still, I apologize that you round our hallways and stairwells to be unclean. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this issue does not occur in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The shower was nasty with pubes and a dirty washcloth hanging over the faucet.

Neighbors were very loud, but they were quiet again before it got late.

The hallway smelled horrible. Don't know what it was.

Other than that, it wasn't bad for a nights stay. It was close to everything Ineeded to do . I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Tkdmp

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of the hotel and your room did not meet exceptions. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am making sure a member of management is personally responsible for checking every guest room. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please contact me, at kco@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We were in town for a soccer tournament and stayed at this Extended Stay hotel. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff were friendly and made us feel welcomed. We have stayed in several Extended Stay hotels when we travel and have always been pleased. I would highly recommend this hotel when in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the servicer our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!