“Decent Steak”

Emery Steakhouse
Ranked #5 of 37 Restaurants in Paola
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We all ordered the 12 oz steak in our party, so that is the only thing I can speak to. They were all cooked to order and quality beef. No added seasonings that I could tell and appeared to be flat grilled. Baked potato was good size and cooked properly. Other sides were steamed broccoli which they forgot twice, cottage cheese and salads. Atmosphere was loud, but it was extra crowded due to the Saturday night music on the square crowd and a birthday celebration. The sandwiches and sides that were brought to other tables looked quite interesting and I am anxious to go again and try something different. Thought it was a little pricey.

There are newer reviews for Emery Steakhouse

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Food used to be really good. But now the food is greasy. When I want a steak for $20, I want real A1 not cheap brand steak sauce put in A1 bottles they refill. How can you call yourself a steakhouse and not offer real A1 steak sauce. We could taste the difference and when confronted our waiter confirmed our suspensions. That will be our last time at emerys.

2  Thank pollguy
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I have been here twice in the last month even through it is a 45 minute drive from where we were visiting. This is a very casual restaurant with a rustic type atmosphere. The service is good. The pork tenderloin is huge and tasty, the onion rings are nice and crispy. They also serve Fanta Red Cream soda to drink, which is a treat as I haven't had it since childhood and it is hard to find. We will return when in the area.

1  Thank justme2Georgia
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Should of gone with the waitress' favorite. Which happen to be the burgers. More of a burger/bar type of place. Wait staff was great, but our waitress never introduced herself. Quick with the specials, which weren't that special. My prime-rib had no flavor. Not enough salt or A1 sauce even helped. Disappointing. And the massive pork tenderloin sandwich was way over cooked as well as my steak. Not to mention the salad was really pathetic. Really, iceberg lettuce with light tomatoes and 2 handfuls of croutons? No thanks! And as this happen to be a birthday dinner of mine, I was very un-pleased to NOT see any type dessert menu. I'm sorry Emerys but you should rename your place or fire the person pre-paring your Steaks! Shoot, I could do a better job. :(

1  Thank Miche H
Reviewed 9 June 2013

always friendly staff. good food. great location. right on the beautiful Paola square. all around good meal.

Been to Emery Steakhouse? Share your experiences!