“Good food, poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The BBQ Shack

The BBQ Shack
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Paola
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The BBQ SHACK sits approximately 60 ppl at tables and we can squeeze in about 10 more at the bar. After ordering up an Old Man Kelsey's BBQ sandwich or a Leon's Combo, along with some Ernest Tea, feel free to roam around the restaurant to check out various memorabilia from The Andy Griffith Show. What, do you ask, does the Andy Griffith Show have to do with BBQ? ABSOLUTELY NOTHIN! But just like our award winning BBQ, you won't find this memorabilia anywhere else but here!
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good food, poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We're brought visiting friends from out of town here three times, and each time the food was good but the service was missing. Once it took an hour to get our food, we rushed through that meal to get back on the road, and each time the drinks would be empty several minutes before refills. Once we didn't get refills in an hour. It's not on our list to go back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank FlyingSmithy

paola, ks
“Michgan U.P. Loves You !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I traveled to Michigan's U.P. for a funeral service. I took 2 slabs of ribs for a meal after the service. Talk about some excellent comfort food. I was among 12 - 15 friends and family and all they could do was gush over how good they were.

• Visited March 2014
Paola, Kansas
“Eh'”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you like thick cuts of meat, this is the place for you! I ate here with a friend a few months ago, I was told it will be the best bbq I'll ever eat! Boy were they wrong. And when I called & complained & said it wasn't, I was told by the owner that he wanted me to try his barbeque again & he would pay. I took him up on his offer, gave him my name & address, he said he would send me a gift certificate....and he never did. Thick slices, over priced, they don't even have real onion rings. Keep your money & grill a steak at home!

• Visited October 2013
Illinois
“Great BBQ!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

The first DDD I've been to that's in a new strip mall surrounded by a very nice sub-division. I started this meal with Atomic Buffalo Turds (chicken and cream cheese stuffed jalepenos wrapped in bacon). They were very good. Everything was good. I had smoked turkey and brisket that fell apart as I ate it.

• Visited February 2013
paola, ks
“Best Ribs Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I eat there often. Most of the time I get a full slab, eat a few ribs there and save the rest for days and days of leftovers. The atomic buffalo turds are awesome but the heat from the jalapenos can vary greatly.

• Visited November 2013
Rick S, Owner at The BBQ Shack, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for your positive review. It's always good to hear when you get it right! We sure appreciate your business, too!

Been to The BBQ Shack? Share your experiences!