“Comforting and Inviting!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Pittsburg
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We had some issues with our house which made it to where we had to find a place to stay until the house could be fixed and we could return home. We were put into the king suite. Although all of the staff were kind Sylvia and James provided such kindness and care that it made it a little easier during this time. The rooms were always kept so nice and clean. I would highly recommend staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Pittsburg, KS.

Room Tip: We stayed in the king suite and I would highly recommend it if you need to stay for any length of t...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Teresa D

Reviewed 15 November 2011

I average about 2 overnights a week for work in Southeast Kansas since 2006 and I just about exclusively stay at the comfort inn. Great pricing, staff and clean rooms.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Ryan W
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed here for 1 night while in town visiting family. The location is very easy to access from the highway and close to Walmart, McDonalds and Starbucks. However, the hotel itself was average at best. The floors in the room were filthy around the door jambs, the front desk clerk seemed more interested in the telephone than the customers right in front of them and the breakfast was one of the worst we have experienced at a hotel this summer. We stayed at this hotel in July of 2006 and it was the perfect place to be at that time. We would consider staying again but only for a much lower rate than we paid.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank BGDUDE
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We wanted a few extra days to visit family in Ks. The day we got there was packed. Some kind of racing stuff at the university. Had a good night even though when we got to our room, There were lots of people milling around outside, grilling on the grounds and having a good time. Parking was not good, but all was OK in the AM. Then the relief workers for the terrible destruction in Joplin arrived with lots of big trucks and again parking was not good. We were told at first they were booked and therefore we could not stay. Later we were told we could stay but would need to change rooms. That ws OK for use. Then we had packed up all belongings ready for the move the next AM and guess what, we did not have to change rooms. Thank you staff at Comfort Inn. We have been there on several occasions, but it seems they have changed their staff. Was kind of in a power play. We were well acquainted with the former staff. There are several nice places to stay in Pittsburg, but we like the accomadations here. We will be back. The morning buffet is awesome. Makes for a great beginning to a start of a day. Clean. Grounds arae really maintained as of May 2011. Tell time Gary, Peggy and GIGI sent you.

Room Tip: Let them know exactly what you need before you arrive. Upon reservation is best to let them know yo...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Joyce L
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I have stayed at many hotel. in Pittsburg Kansas and by far the Staff at the Comfort Inn and Suites is the best they go out of their way to assist every guest and make sure that they treat you like family. My most recent stay was for Parent's Weekend. And I was the young man was very accomadating because I have some special requests because I was traveling with my parents. All the front desk staff were very accomadating and the breakfast lady was very accomadating and refilled my coffee and by the end of the weekend knew my childrens name and what they liked for breakfast. Like I said we felt like family. It's a refreshing change from other places in Pittsburg. By far this staff is people orientated and will make you feel like family.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank psufather
Reviewed 10 January 2009

My family stayed here for three nights at the beginning of Jan in one of the double queen rooms on the second floor. First I must say that I have stayed in some small towns and the service that we received and overall cleanliness at this motel blew away every other experience.

First off it’s a small town, so I really didn't expect much, as we’re used to bigger surroundings being from outside DC. The service was great and very helpful from the beginning to the end. The rooms, though the bathroom was quite small and the water pressure not that great, the beds made up for it all. The beds were almost perfect, and they also had two different kinds of pillows, two stitch-labeled “firm” and two labeled “soft,” and I was definitely able to find the correct match for myself which made my sleep that much better.

The second aspect that we loved was the breakfast they had for free every morning. Not only did they have the usual coffee/juice/fruit assortment, but they also had a make your own Belgium waffle station, eggs, bacon, different danishes, as well as different types of cereal. They also have waiting for you a national paper as well as the local paper, which I thought was a nice touch.

Overall my only complaint was the water pressure in the shower, but other than that the beds and breakfast definitely more than made up for it all. If you're going to Pittsburg I would definitely stay here

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank 20,147
Reviewed 28 March 2008

Nice, clean room. Bed was a little hard. Staff was super friendly. Internet service was good. The only complaint is for a hotel as nice as this they could of had some fresh fruit for breakfast instead of fruit cocktail. Also there were no hot items ready. The person working that area had nothing else to do unlike some hotels where it is the desk clerks job. We were in the breakfast room for at least 30 min, and just as we were leaving they finally had more hot food prepared.

• Stayed: March 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank murdawg