“Hotel Review”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburg
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Pittsburg
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I stayed at your Pittsburg, Kansas facility and found in my room, 101 I had no wireless the two days that I stayed Sept 18 and 19th of September. I also heard other guests complain about this in the lobby as well. Every time I have stayed at your facility no wireless. You need to update this service within this facility.

Also the morning of the 19th, I indicated I had no hot water in my shower. Marcia had indicated she would have this taken care of....The morning of the 20th still no hot water which I reported again. While checking out another lady was at the front desk talking to Marcia and she too indicated no hot water. For what I paid for this room, I found this not to my liking!!! Something needs to be done!!!

Room Tip: Shelba the breakfast lady was great!! Very friendly and helpful!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Vicki M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Vicki M,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay. It was unfortunate to see this experience was not up to the standards you have come to expect as from us. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us to identify any areas where we might improve for you and our future guests. We would like to address this with you further and have sent you a Private Message.

Thank you again for the feedback. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask a member of our staff.

Adrian D.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Another great stay at the Holiday Inn Express. I have been staying at this property since they opened, and am impressed every time. This property is maintained to a brand new feel at all times. The beds are exceptionally comfortable. The rooms, public spaces, and pool are sparklingly clean. The breakfast is fresh and good with a large variety of hot and cold items in addition to the staple cinnamon rolls and biscuits any sausage gravy , which never disapoint. This property far exceeds all other H.I. properties I have stayed at throughout the country. The staff are friendly and efficient. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed over night after attending a wedding in town. The young woman at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. She explained the check out time, wifi and breakfast bar. The room was extremely clean and very cozy feeling. The breakfast was good also! Such a great location on the north side of town. I will definitely be staying there again and recommend it to anyone traveling through the Pittsburg area.

Room Tip: I choose the room on the 2nd floor with the jacuzzi tub, great room for a couple staying over. There...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times throughout the past several years. Access is so easy. Right off highway 69. Very easy to find. All of the employees are very friendly. Their breakfast express is very good. We enjoy our morning breakfasts here. Our rooms are cleaned up early so we can enjoy a nice nap. Grandkids love the swimming pool area. And of course we enjoy a little staple from the sweet shop. We enjoy staying at this Holiday Inn and highly recommend others to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 July 2013

From the warm welcome when we arrived from Texas at 1:30am, to the special accommodation of changing our room so that it would be more comfortable for the 3 of us, to the breakfast attendants, to the front desk staff on Saturday and Sunday we were awed by the customer service. Holiday Inn Express does have good cleanliness standards but this hotel seemed to be a step above the norm in cleanliness. All of the furnishings and bedding are in excellent condition. Just can't say enough good things about the hotel! The beds were fabulous - slept the whole night on the first night there.

Room Tip: The way the hotel is situated in relation to the road makes all of the homes quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

We had a good stay here. Rooms were clean and plenty large enough. The included breakfast was nice. Sausage, eggs, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, along with fruit, cereal, cinnamon rolls etc. They also have a small "shop" where you can buy snacks and refreshments. The fitness center is not elaborate, but sufficient. It has two treadmills, an elliptical trainer, weight machine, and free weights. There is also a small indoor pool and jacuzzi. Everyone staff member we encountered was very friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and it's wonderful! I stayed in an Executive King or something different than normal, and a slightly higher rate, but the room was laid out very nicely with the largest bathroom I've ever seen in a hotel. The cookies and brownies at the front desk every afternoon are wonderful and the staff is all very friendly. I didn't eat breakfast but I can say that it smelled fantastic. The exercise room is great for a traveler. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
basket_07, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Lisa we appreciated the opportunity to have you as our guest. We are also looking forward to seeing you again!
Thanks