“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Pittsburg
Dallas, Texas
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stay in Pittsburg pretty often and have come to prefer this hotel. It is clean and the staff are helpful. Tressie and the other front desk people help a lot by working with my schedule changes and checking availability to make sure I have a room if my work days change. They are always friendly. It is relaxing to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I am a gold member and received an upgrade to my room unknowingly. It was a nice surprise to find the two person Jacuzzi in my room when I walked in! Everything was clean and very nice and the Jacuzzi was excellent. I did take advantage of it after my four hour car ride. Breakfast was decent and the staff was nice. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
basket_07, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburg, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
We appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest and look forward to future visits!
Marion, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 March 2014

In February I stayed at this hotel for 12 days and I am currently staying here for at least 14 on business. The staff are awesome. Staying away from home is not easy but the staff have made my hotel stay enjoyable. The hotel is the cleanest I have ever stayed in. The staff are always busy and the breakfast is wonderful. I have more business trips in the area and I plan to stay at the Holiday Inn Express even though there are hotels closer to my meeting sites. The Holiday Inn Express in Pittsburg, Kansas is an EXCELLENT hotel!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Patticake13
joplin
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Spent one night at hotel..could have spent MORE! Even though training a new person, Customer Service was exceptional & staff went above & beyond to upgrade us & allow earlier than normal check in. Beautiful lobby, rooms & pool area w/jacuzzi was extremely clean & nice. I would return here again & recommend to everyone. Although we didn't eat breakfast on property, it looked well stocked, fresh & delicious! I regret I didn't indulge.

Room Tip: I recommend upgrade to executive suite if you will be there more than 1 night. sofa-fridge room nic...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We are snowbirds heading south. As we headed home last year I noticed this HIE as we drove through this little Kansas town. Planning for this year's trip I checked it out on Trip Advisor and immediately booked a room. So glad we stayed here. Front staff, especially Derrick, was very welcoming and readily answered any questions I asked during the evening. The indoor pool/jacuzzi was nice temperature. Never have seen disability transfer lifts available for both pools at a hotel site. Morning breakfast very good. New feature was a pancake maker instead of a waffle maker. Room very CLEAN which it a top priority. Look forward to staying again next year.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Paragould, Arkansas
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Wow, wow, wow! This is an amazing hotel with great customer service, excellent breakfast, very clean room and modern decor. Upon arriving at 2 a.m., the lady at the front desk, I think Kendra, was prompt and very kind, acknowledging our weariness and being very helpful, treated us like I would expect to be treated as a gold member at all holiday inn expresses. As well, the lady attending the breakfast area that morning was very kind and helpful offering to get anything that we may need. I definitely suggest this hotel and will be staying again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The front desk staff was super friendly and Marcia was extremely helpful. The housekeeping staff was well mannered and did a wonderful job. The breakfast was super....be sure to eat the breakfast. It is really close to Pitts State Univ....which made it easy on us visitors.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family