“Always a breakfast winner”
Review of Bob's Grill

Bob's Grill
Ranked #6 of 65 Restaurants in Pittsburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Have been frequenting Bob's as of lately, following an early morning men's program at a local church. Its of the old style bar seats wrapping around the grill format, so you will meet folks, whether you want to or not. Breakfast fare is standard in offerings, and above par in taste. Great for early birds.

There are newer reviews for Bob's Grill

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was told that it was worth it to eat at Bob's Diner at least once. I decided to give it a go.

Bob's Diner is located on Broadway St. in the main drag of Pittsburg, KS. It's a tiny diner with counter service, 2 large tables, and 3 or 4 smaller tables. It doesn't seat a lot, but it is worth waiting for. There is definite hometown pride here, as there are huge framed pictures of high school and collegiate sports on the wall, as well as some professional race car drivers. To add to the '50's greasy spoon feel, there were antique keepsakes around the ledges.

We went during the busy Parents Weekend at Pittsburg State University. Because of this, there was a really long wait. At one point, we left to find someplace else to eat, but eventually returned to Bob's. We sure are glad we did! The food tasted just like something my Grandma would make on a Saturday morning. Biscuits and gravy for the husband, who claims they are a close second to mine. My daughter and I had a skillet meal; mine with pancakes and hers with wheat toast. We were really impressed! When we got the check, that was impressive, too.

Definitely come for the atmosphere. Stay for the food. Everybody seems to know each other, and they are more than happy to include you in their conversation.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Ok...I must honestly say that I dream about the biscuits and gravy at this place. The cook cooks the food right there in front of you and the place is small, I would say it seats 30 to 35. This place truly is awesome and the lunch stuff is great too.. Local Favorite.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

A recent trip to Bob's Grill was as good as the last trip which was as good as the first trip years ago. Quality food, prepared in front of you, in an old diner atmosphere. The "Cowboy" with gravy on top is my favorite and I always have to take (or plan to take?) part of it home to enjoy later. The service is great as well.