“An awesome place for my valentines!!”
Review of Philippe's - CLOSED

Philippe's
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I loved the extravagant flavor of the food. More than I expected. I loved the babba ganoush if that's right.tomato basil soup was the best I've ever had!!! The salmon was great. It was thick cut. And she had chicken cordon rouge. Cream cheese and strawberrys!
Atmosphere was great.the chef even treated us to some truffles too!. I'll b back for sure :)

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We had enjoyed Chicken Cordon Bleu at Philippe's before and were excited when we found out it was on the menu for Valentine's Day. We had to work on Valentine's night so went to Philippe's the night before. I ordered the house salad which is similar to one of my favorite recipes and the chicken with broccoli au gratin. The chicken was served on a bed of rice and my meal was fantastic. My husband had the tomato basil soup and the pork and he loved his as much as I did mine! We then shared the crème brulee for two and it was simply amazing! Our waitress checked in on us numerous times and did a good job. This was our second time eating at Philippe's and both times everything was delicious and their staff were great!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The food is amazing, and you can try something new every day! I love being an employee here and I can truly say that all the food is fresh and delicious! All of the employees try very hard to please the customers - from the bartender to the kitchen staff. If you're looking for something simple, such as a burger and fries, Philippe's has it! If you're looking for something more gourmet than a burger, Philippe's has it! It's a great addition to the Pittsburg community and there is even live music and outdoor seating!

There is also homemade cheesecake and carrot cake!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

First of all the service was the worst I've ever experienced. it took 30 minutes after we sat down to order our drinks then another 20 to receive them so we were ready to order by then. it took them another hour to bring our food out no visit from our waitress who was in the back the whole time. finally walked up to the bar to purchase drinks for our table. had to repeat my order 5 times because the "bar tender" kept screwing it up. finally he wrote them down. after 25 minutes we finally got our drinks. except the champagne I ordered wasn't the right kind so the "Waitress" I use that term lightly took the drink to the back. no were near the bar and came back with strawberries in it. instead of the champagne I ordered. I don't believe the other 10-15 people in the restaurant kept everyone that busy in conclusion: after a 2 hour adventure the food was simple and not good. why isn't Philippe in the kitchen if he is the "chef" not the maître d'.

4  Thank Brian B
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had dinner a couple of weeks ago with friends and were not very happy with the food, etc. I guess I expected the same experience that I had during my lunch. The service was a little haphazard, the music was good but too loud, and the food was definitely not on the same par as the lunch. My husband and friend got beef brochettes, and his wife got chicken brochettes. My dinner came with a large order of fries (I forgot to ask if I could substitute). All of the brochettes were dry and overcooked. The couple drank the apple martinis but we had to remind the waiter to refresh the drinks (he also forgot to get the silverware for the table.) The music, although, good, was way too loud (we sat in the front of the house.) It was impossible to carry on a conversation. I must the desserts were wonderful. We'll try again because we understand it's hard to start a restaurant.

1  Thank ValkyrieKansas