“Can't get enough!”

Philippe's
Oklahoma
“Can't get enough!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

This place is probably my favorite in Pittsburg now hands down. Philippe and his family are so kind. The wait staff is amazing. The ambience of the place is so romantic, care free, and relaxing. The lights are perfectly dim. The musicians are fantastic. You could sit for hours with a glass of wine in hand and let the days troubles wash from your mind here. It is like a wonderful home away from home.

My boyfriend and I ate here for our Valentine's dinner. I got the pork pinwheel and he the beef Wellington. First off, Wellington! That is not easy to find, let alone it be delicious. But my pork was amazing. The best I have ever had by far. We also got creme brulee for dessert. Oh my! I was stuffed but I couldn't stop eating because it was so delicious. Every thing was wonderful and just perfect.

My only complaint would have been our server. She seemed in over her head, forgetful, and slow. We had to ask three times for drinks and to go boxes. Not really sure what was going on there. We had not had her before, so perhaps she was new. However, all the other wait staff had been fabulous! So don't worry about poor service.

What made the evening perfect was Philippe bidding us goodnight. He gave me a rose. You just feel like you are with family when you are here. I cannot wait to go to their Mardi Gras dinner!!

Pittsburg, Kansas
“An awesome place for my valentines!!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I loved the extravagant flavor of the food. More than I expected. I loved the babba ganoush if that's right.tomato basil soup was the best I've ever had!!! The salmon was great. It was thick cut. And she had chicken cordon rouge. Cream cheese and strawberrys!
Atmosphere was great.the chef even treated us to some truffles too!. I'll b back for sure :)

Frontenac, Kansas
“Valentine's”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We had enjoyed Chicken Cordon Bleu at Philippe's before and were excited when we found out it was on the menu for Valentine's Day. We had to work on Valentine's night so went to Philippe's the night before. I ordered the house salad which is similar to one of my favorite recipes and the chicken with broccoli au gratin. The chicken was served on a bed of rice and my meal was fantastic. My husband had the tomato basil soup and the pork and he loved his as much as I did mine! We then shared the crème brulee for two and it was simply amazing! Our waitress checked in on us numerous times and did a good job. This was our second time eating at Philippe's and both times everything was delicious and their staff were great!

Pittsburg, Kansas
“Amazing Restaurant for Pittsburg”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The food is amazing, and you can try something new every day! I love being an employee here and I can truly say that all the food is fresh and delicious! All of the employees try very hard to please the customers - from the bartender to the kitchen staff. If you're looking for something simple, such as a burger and fries, Philippe's has it! If you're looking for something more gourmet than a burger, Philippe's has it! It's a great addition to the Pittsburg community and there is even live music and outdoor seating!

There is also homemade cheesecake and carrot cake!

• Visited December 2013
Pittsburg, Kansas
“worst valentines day ever!!!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

First of all the service was the worst I've ever experienced. it took 30 minutes after we sat down to order our drinks then another 20 to receive them so we were ready to order by then. it took them another hour to bring our food out no visit from our waitress who was in the back the whole time. finally walked up to the bar to purchase drinks for our table. had to repeat my order 5 times because the "bar tender" kept screwing it up. finally he wrote them down. after 25 minutes we finally got our drinks. except the champagne I ordered wasn't the right kind so the "Waitress" I use that term lightly took the drink to the back. no were near the bar and came back with strawberries in it. instead of the champagne I ordered. I don't believe the other 10-15 people in the restaurant kept everyone that busy in conclusion: after a 2 hour adventure the food was simple and not good. why isn't Philippe in the kitchen if he is the "chef" not the maître d'.

4 Thank Brian B