“I love this place and these people!!!”
Review of Holiday Lodge

Holiday Lodge
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Pittsburg
Kansas City, Missouri
“I love this place and these people!!!”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

was a student at pittsburg, Kansas for 2 years always stayed at this place every weeks, Bob and Padma; the owner, are so great and very friendly, they are one of great people that I ever met.
The place is so great, believe me you wouldn't find any great deal from somewhere else in this area; microwave, TV, refrigerator, breakfast, free wifi and so much more . Prove my reviewed to stop by and meet these people and you would love them as me.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 24 October 2011

The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were very clean. Everytime I travel there, I will stay at this hotel. I recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank vvvvvvk
Prairie Village, Kansas
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Spent two nights at the Holiday Lodge during Pittsburg State University's Homecoming Weekend. I had usually stayed at the hotel on the south end of town during my travels every year for Homecoming, but decided to try Holiday Lodge based on the previous reviews.

For someone like me, who was traveling alone, and basically just needed a place to shower and sleep, Holiday Lodge was just fine...Yes, the rooms are small, but I didn't need much space.

While the bed was a double, this was fine since I was traveling alone. The bed was to my liking---a bit still (which helps my back problems), so I got great sleep. While the walls may be a bit "thin," I didn't have any problems with neighbors making noise.

A previous review mentioned extremely small shampoo offering in the bathroom. This is true (a bit smaller than the size of a ketchup packet), but not a problem if you bring your own. The showers provided plenty of hot water.

I didn't try the breakfast offering either morning, but to tell the truth, when I walked down, I didn't see anything available in the lobby (I was out the door around 8am both mornings).

While I am a platinum member of the Intercontinental/Holiday Inn chain (and there is a Holiday Inn Express less than a mile away), I will save my points and stay here in the future. It is "no frills," but it is clean, comfortable and economical. I just wish it was on the south side of town closer to the University!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank GorillaHawk
Dodge City, Kansas
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We chose Holiday Lodge for the economical value. When we arrived, the attendant at the front desk was very helpful. The lobby was small and served doughnuts or cereal for breakfast with a choice of coffee or juice. There was a refrigerator in our room but no blow dryer. This hotel may not have a lot of ammenities, but it was very clean and the staff friendly. We will definately being staying again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pittsstate
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I had to cancel my reservation for parents weekend due to the death of my daughter that was to attend Pitt State. I first called the hotel. He told me he had nothing to do with cancellations. I then called the other number on the printout. They cancelled through them but said I had to call the hotel back and cancel through them. I called him back and told him what I was told. He then said I had to do this through an e-mail. I asked to talk to a manager, he said he was - but never identified himself by name. I explained that I just wanted to cancel it. He never offered a condolence etc., but continued to say I had to do it in writing. Finally I sent an e-mail with the cancellation. All this took me over an hour - just to cancel a reservation were he could have been done by an e-mail after my first call. I read the hotel is nice but I would never consider staying there if I needed due to the rudeness. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Livinglife61
De Soto, Kansas
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Best price in town, and the room was very clean. The room was small, but it had cable TV, mini fridge, and a microwave. Breakfast is served until 9:30am

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SLP333
Glen Rose, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2011

small room. Bed was not very comfortable. Coffee really bad.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank texaspeach1955
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburg
Lamplighter Inn & Suites
#6 of 8 in Pittsburg
Super 8 Lamar
Super 8 Lamar
#1 of 2 in Lamar

Been to Holiday Lodge? Share your experiences!