“Great Place for Bike Riders”
Review of Holiday Lodge

Holiday Lodge
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Pittsburg
Pittsburg, Kansas
“Great Place for Bike Riders”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Holday Lodge is a great place for cross country bike riders. The proprietors understand the scheduling issues bike riders face and they are accomodating to those needs. I stayed with them two nights in April while spring weather was bringing in storms. Their "biker" accomodations included space for a full-sized recumbent and the BOB trailer I was pulling. The facility is located right across from a Wal-Mart, and has numerous restaurant and food store options within walking distance. A bike shop is just a couple blocks away. I wish there were more of these along the Trans America route I am traveling! The husband/wife team of Bharat and Padma are perfect hosts for a great stay.

Room Tip: If you are a cross country bike rider make sure they know it.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Steinbach, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Stayed one nite in Mid Jan. 2013. Found the rooms clean, washrooms clean, staff willing to do what they can to make your stay comfortable. They have a continental breakfast in the morning, with coffee, pastries etc. Wi-Fi that works well also. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again! We ate at the Mexican Restaurant just down the street (El Charros), and that was good also

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Im currently staying at the Holiday Lodge and i have found it to be a wonderful home away from home! This is my second time staying here and i recommend you stay here too! The staff works very hard to meet your needs and you can tell they take pride in what they do. The entire building is very clean, especially the rooms. With all things considered (price, location, staff, & cleanliness) this is the best place to stay in Pittsburg KS.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I called this establishment in October to book my stay for this week as I traveled from San Diego to Pittsburgh. We arived on Saturday November 18, 2012 arriving after midnight. Bharat (Bob) the Owner wited up knowing that I was arriving with my disabled mother. The accomodations are good but it is the service that cannot be matched no matter where you stay. Still have 3 days left here, but I can assure you I will return here, further I have made new friends in the Hotels owners, they treat you like family addres you by name and bend over backwards toaccomodate their guests. So if you need a place to Stay in Pisstburgh, give them a call. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Take the time to get to know the owners, they are awesome people and very very friendly.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 1 September 2012

You know what makes me feel welcome in a hotel?: the Owner greets me and pays attention to every detail of my comfort during my stay. That is exactly what happened during my two days at Holiday Lodge. The owners are Americans of Indian descent. It is their family business. They put their heart into providing service and were very friendly and helpful all the time.

Holiday Lodge, Pittsburg offers clean, comfortable, inexpensive lodging with personal service. A friend and I off to a high-school reunion stayed in separate rooms and we independently had such a positive response from the genuine hospitality of the owners of this motel. We booked the first night and then agreed to stay another night.

Apparently, the word is out among the locals on this motel: I met SO MANY local university moms and pops and their sons and daughters in the lobby (it was start of the new academic year). I happen to be a two-degree grad of that university, so it was like being a part of my extended academic community. I called my brother, a former resident of Pittsburg now retired in Texas; I was surprised to find that he personally knew the owner! He affirmed that this hotel was managed as a long-term solid family-owned business.

Enjoy personal service.
Free, no-hassle WiFi in room and lobby. Coffee (fresh brewed and they keep it fresh) and light breakfast in the lobby. Local newspapers available; the manager was always there to ensure coffee was fresh, assist with heating rolls in the microwave, and participate in lobby conversations. That last promoted a natural and comfortable ambiance in the lobby—almost a family gathering of guests and hotel staff. I’m not exaggerating: this guy was really interested in his guests, which made us feel “at home.”

At $56 per night this was nice find. I enjoyed meeting other guests in the lobby. Staff made guests feel as if they were truly guests of his family. A day after just paying over $200 per night at the Kansas City, Missouri Westin for inferior service but a glitzy room, I prefer the Holiday Lodge.

Beds are comfortable, room temperature easily controllable.

No, this is not a Five-Star Hotel with pools and spas, and in-house restaurants. But... If you really want a good night’s sleep in a friendly, comfortable and secure motel. This outstrips my recent experience with hotels costing four-times more!

Room Tip: Close your room windows as the maid will open them to air the room. This will make room quieter and...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joe L
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 15 January 2012

was a student at pittsburg, Kansas for 2 years always stayed at this place every weeks, Bob and Padma; the owner, are so great and very friendly, they are one of great people that I ever met.
The place is so great, believe me you wouldn't find any great deal from somewhere else in this area; microwave, TV, refrigerator, breakfast, free wifi and so much more . Prove my reviewed to stop by and meet these people and you would love them as me.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 24 October 2011

The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were very clean. Everytime I travel there, I will stay at this hotel. I recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business