Super 8 Pittsburg KS
US$106
Holiday Lodge(Pittsburg)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$65
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pittsburg(Pittsburg)(Great Value!)
US$91
Regency Inn & Suites(Pittsburg)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$81
Lamplighter Inn & Suites(Pittsburg)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$96
US$72
US$56
US$54
All reviewsevery weektoilet paperair conditioningnice staycomfortable bedyogurtgreat place to staybusiness trippropertytvksmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Overcharged me for the room. Had to request a refund for the difference. I booked a smoking room & had to immediately open the window it smelled so bad. The clock was not set to the right time. Didn't get good sleep as there was a party in the parking lot, people running in the hallway, people pounding on the walls. What a terrible experience. I will stay at another hotel next time I am in Pittsburg, KS.

Room Tip: I will pay more to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Miranda L, General Manager at Super 8 Pittsburg KS, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review on Trip Advisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. We strive to provide excellent service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. So, when any incident occurs at our property, we take it very seriously. We thoroughly conduct an internal review of what happened, so that we can learn from it. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 620-232-1881.

Miranda Lies
Super 8 Pittsburg, KS

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Nothing filthy, just lots of grime smeared into the carpets and in the chair in the room. The ceiling in the hall must have fallen due to a water leak. Lots of people hanging out in the parking lot.

• Stayed: March 2012
Miranda L, General Manager at Super 8 Pittsburg KS, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Trip Advisor review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Miranda Lies
Kinseth Hospitality

Reviewed 17 September 2010

All the hotels in this town are overpriced. Stay was OK, but nothing special. Next time, I'll try the place a block up the road. A bit cheaper and just as nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Super 8 Pittsburg KS, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2010

We are sorry to hear that your stay at the Pittsburg Super 8 did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on providing clean rooms, a friendly environment and superb customer service as we try to earn your “Perfect 10” during each and every stay.

We try and position our rates to be competitive within the market and offer the amenities that will be a value to our guests.

I want to thank you for your comments. Your feedback is extremely valuable as it allows me to focus my attention on the areas of concern.

Reviewed 8 April 2009

I don't travel a lot, so maybe some of these things are obvious to others and not me. I also don't ask a whole lot of a motel room.

Although there was no elevator (lift), the steps were indoors, so you could get to your room in safety and out of the weather.

One odd thing: no fitted sheets, so the bottom sheet kept sliding off if one were a tossing/turning sleeper.

The shower and WC in general were clean, not sparkly as the water is "hard" (minerals in it leave residue), but it was clear that the tub got scrubbed often. I liked the massage shower head, nothing fancy but felt nice, and the water was plenty and warm enough, even for my marathon 20-minute showers. The towels weren't exactly threadbare, but were NOT fluffy at all; might be again due to hard water, or maybe they are simply old and a bit worn down.

This motel is NOT for light sleepers; the walls do let you hear walking, etc.

The dorm fridge and microwave and little coffeepot, alarm clock and blow dryer were handy devices (maybe these are standard things?).

Breakfast was not spectacular, but offered a small variety. When we were there, they had available:
3 kinds of coffee
teabags
instant oatmeal
sugared cheerio-type cereal
raisin bran
plain English muffins
plain bagel
chocolate donuts
with the usual add-ons: creamer, sweeteners, jelly, peanut butter, cream cheese, etc.

The room was clean enough for me; both air and heat worked.

Loved having high-speed internet in my room!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2008

There were 7 of us staying in this motel. I had called two weeks ahead of our visit to request 1st floor rooms so some of the older people would not have to climb stairs. They agreed and even sent me an email confirmation, we arrived and they said there were no 1st floor rooms available. But they had some on 2nd and 3rd floors!!!! I was not happy! We took the 2nd floor rooms, three is what we needed, we walked into one of them and the urine smell was awful. I refused to take the room and made them clan another one for us. There are spots all over the carpet, it just fel t very dirty and low budget. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)