“Very caring management staff!”

Lamplighter Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Pittsburg
Olathe, Kansas
“Very caring management staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

My family has stayed at the Lamplighter Inn for the past four years while my son attended PSU. The manager, Patty, is extremely nice and helped me out when she didn't have to this last time we stayed there (May, 2012). I recommend it highly just because of her and the great staff! Book ahead for special events because it does fill up quickly!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Shurty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

My mother and I recently stayed at this property and received a decent rate since we were there due to a funeral. I made the reservation myself and spoke with a staff member, informed her we had stayed in Pittsburg before and stayed at the new Holiday Inn and was unhappy because the enormous amounts of loud children that particular evening the staff member assured me we would be very happy at the Lamplighter Inn so I agreed and made necessary arrangements to due so. On the day of our stay we were given our card keys upon checking in and were directed to go to the very back of the hotel. As we entered the room we noticed many of the walls which were wallpapered were in need of much attention but very much neglected we decided that we could "deal" with it, we upacked went to visit family and had dinner. A couple hours later we returned to our room and prepared for bed and realized there was no mattress pad on the bed we talked to front desk and was told he would send somebody, about 30 minutes later I called the front desk again and inquired the timeline on which somebody would be here and was then told that housekeeping was already gone for the day and asked then to have the manager return my call. When we spoke to the manager we were told we could move rooms but nothing was available on ground floor and my smoking choice was not available we asked to have a mattress pad, the clerk was there shortly and after ASKING he agreed to remake the bed with the pad. Later as we watched tv I dropped something on the floor and when I went to retrieve it I noticed all the trash under the bedskirt of my bed. Upon checkout we were offered $10.00 off our stay. I would not stay here again if people begged me, this is an unclean and deshaveled place. My husband and I travel extensively due to his work and have stayed in various hotels and this by far ranks to the very bottom.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dodge City, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

The hotel was alright to stay at but the room we had was musty and damp. There were four of us staying in the room, but there were only towels for two. No extra towels available for the pool which was right outside the door. The pool was refreshing, but filter was very noisy. Lobby was clean and staff friendly and did provide towels when asked.

Room Tip: There are no elevators in this hotel, so beware if you have to stay on the second floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

I had to wait with other customers for over 10 minutes at the front desk with no sign of the staff. When the gentleman finally did show up, we were given no apology just a very rude "are you here to check in?" He then proceeded to argue you with me about who I was and finally told me that my reservations had been cancelled without ever contacting me. Luckily there is much better hotel and staff quality for the same price right across the street at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jasong65
Small town, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed at the Lamplighter Inn for our sons wedding in town. The reception was in the hotel for a group of about 250 guests. There were about 50 total of our group that stayed in the hotel while in town. The hotel is a little older but they have it VERY clean and updated for its age. The rooms are large, the beds were great, and the A/C worked great, both in our room and the reception area. The staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable, both at the front desk and the event staff. They provided us with plenty of help and brought out extra tables and chairs that we needed. The motel was completely full both nights we were there but the breakfast items were always kept full and fresh and and the coffee was good. The pool is clean and larger than a typical motel pool. We felt the room rates were very reasonable for the value provided and we would definitely stay again.
If you are having a wedding there please invite me, we had a great time!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Itisdone
Napoleon, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

We went to Pittsburg Kansas for a family reunion. We have stayed at the Lamplighter Inn in the past and found it to be comfortable and affordable. We request an exterior first floor room for the convenience. They are very good at customer service and we haven't had any problems with any request. The breakfast is very good, and the breakfast room is large and has a nice view of the pool area. We enjoy going to the smaller indoor patio to meet our families. They have a few large round tables so it is a very friendly atmosphere there. We even joked about it being our "family room." We were able to take our own wine and socialize there.
The people who go to this hotel are mostly there for family reunions. All very friendly. We will stay there when we go back next year.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Napoleon2011
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

Good motel with a rate better than chain hotels across the street. Nice breakfast room. Free wifi everywhere. Old style tv. Room needed some fresh air but was fine. Only odd thing was the water/soap took forever to wash off skin. Too much water softener-mentioned it to front desk and they said they would check equipment to correct it. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburg
Regency Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Pittsburg
Super 8 Lamar
Super 8 Lamar
#1 of 2 in Lamar

Been to Lamplighter Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!