“Customer Service--Jon”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Pittsburg
Liberal, Kansas
“Customer Service--Jon”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I had my wedding reception at this hotel and had to place a hold on rooms for family that was traveling into town. Jon at the front desk was a HUGE help!! He went above and beyond to make sure I knew how many rooms were left on my hold and who all had placed a hold on rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kayla W
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your comments. We are glad that Jon was such a great help to you during your wedding planning. He is takes pride in helping others. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for staying with the Lamplighter Inn and Suites.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The staff at Lamplighter Inn & Suites was wonderful when we rented a block of rooms and one of their banquet rooms for our son's wedding. They couldn't do enough for us to assist with setting up/taking down the tables and clean up. The pool was refreshing after a busy day of activities and the rooms were conveniently located on the first floor by the pool and clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room located by the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
I want to thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. It was a pleasure to be able to make your son's wedding a special event! I'm glad you liked the room facing the pool. Those are our popular choices! We also have a hot tub that I hope you were able to take advantage of during your stay. Our staff always puts forth their best for our customers. I hope to see you again soon.
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 13 March 2013

And very clean. The location of the hotel was on the main street. The breakfast bar was great. The best part of my stay was the ease and convenient check in by the host Jon. I will recommend to anyone needing a place in Pittsburg.

Room Tip: we really like the inside room that we were given.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank LISAEWAN
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 March 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad you had a wonderful stay. We have a great full breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles and more! I am happy that Jon took such good care of you. We have the best staff to meet all your needs. Thank you for recommending us to everyone! I hope to see you soon and personally thank you!
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We have stayed here in the past with wonderful service. But this time John who works the front desk went above and beyond getting us what we needed during a difficult time. We and our adult children and my elderly mother were needing last minute accommodations for a family funeral. With the weather I was concerned about mother going from room to room outside, John worked to have our rooms grouped together and interior. He made everything so easy for us and very understanding since I was a little rattled given the circumstance. We will always stay at your hotel, it has never been a dissapointment. Thanks again to John.
Kassey S.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Kassandra S
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that Jon took such great care of you and your family! We take pride in giving our customers the best possible service. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Hopefully, under better circumstances. Thank you again.
Howe, ok.
Reviewed 25 February 2013

i stay at the LAMPLIGHTER INN and SUITES often on business trips. i just have to say that my stay is always enjoyable. Nice clean rooms ,comfortable beds, and great cable tv service is always the norm at LAMPLIGHTER INN and SUITES. However, the service is always exceptional. the employees do everything they can to accomodate your stay and the desk clerks are fast and efficient. Tammy, a desk clerk, is always uplifting as she continually has a smile on her face and makes the best efforts to get u checked in quicklyand efficiently so u can get started on a restful stay. I highly recommend this place. 5 stars for service and cleanliness.

Room Tip: the back rooms are sometimes a little noisy from patrons who leave their diesel engines running.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Hawghead1
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I agree, we have a great staff! We try to meet all our customer's requests. I look forward to your next visit!
Stevensville, Michigan
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I stayed at the Lamplighter Inn & Suites on 1-22 and wanted to commend General Manager Patty Matson and her staff for their outstanding service. I was on business and neither hotel across the street---the Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn Express---had capacity. I was directed to the Lamplighter and, probably because I was tired from a long week, wasn't very optimistic. To my surprise, the hotel was clean, had friendly and helpjul employees, offered lots to do and even had a free guest dinner while I was there! I cover twenty-five states for a company in southwest KS and have NEVER, in twenty-five years, heard of this! The food was good and I got to meet some of your employees. The following morning, I got up early and did some work. I ran out of coffee and, after eating breakfast, asked for another bag of coffee for the room. Tammy couldn't find one, which was no big deal. But I was amazed when she had someone personally deliver a pot of warm coffee to my room. WOW!!! I've stayed in fancier hotels but, especially for the price, this was one of my favorites! I will definitely stay there again if my travels take me to Pittsburg again in the future. With so much negativity in the world...just thought you should get some GOOD news! Have a great day!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank George W
Manager P, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate your kind words and praise regarding our staff and hotel. My staff and I do our best to make our guests welcome and have a pleasant stay. Guest Appreciation on Tuesdays give us a chance to do something special by serving dinner for our guest. We are remodeling and updating our sleeping and banquet rooms and they are looking fantastic. Please don't hesitate to contact me on your next trip to Pittsburg so that I can personally thank you.

Patty Matson
Emporia, Kansas
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last couple of years and have never had a bad experience. They are currently remodeling the place which will make it an even better place to stay. There staff does a great job.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Rich587
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very excited about the remodeling of our rooms. We hope you come back soon and stay in one of our remodeled rooms. Thank you for complementing our staff. We always try to give the best possible service to our customers! We hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburg
Regency Inn & Suites
#6 of 8 in Pittsburg
Super 8 Lamar
Super 8 Lamar
#1 of 2 in Lamar

Been to Lamplighter Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!