“Weekend visit”

Lamplighter Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Pittsburg
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We spent the weekend in Pittsburg, KS to visit the college. My daughter and I stayed at the Lamplighter Inn. The service was great and the rooms were clean and ready to go and we were able to check in an hour early. We will plan on staying at this motel again when we are in Pittsburg.

Room Tip: Only about 10 minutes from Pitt State University
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for taking to time to review our hotel, Lamplighter Inn and Suites. We pride ourselves with having great housekeepers who do an exceptional cleaning job. We were happy to be able to get you checked into your room early. We do our best to accommodate all our guests needs! We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you again for your great review.

There are newer reviews for Lamplighter Inn & Suites

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I traveled to Pittsburg for a Pitt State Gorilla football game on November 2nd 2013, and because the hotels are packed on these weekends I decided to stay here instead of my regular hotel because it was booked. I am glad I made the choice, and I will now stay here on every Pitt State visit. The room had a outside, lower level parking entrance. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, and the staff was very friendly. Room had a microwave, frig and coffee maker. I Plan to stay here again in two weeks....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

We are so glad you stayed with us at the Lamplighter Inn and Suites. We are always happy to see we made someone's stay a great one! I am glad you gave us a try and even happier to know that you will be coming back to stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Did a google search of motels in Pittsburg, read a couple of reviews of each and picked this one. It was exactly as I expected, clean, friendly, affordable. My dog travles with me. Sometimes we are limited to smoking rooms when packin a pet but not the case here. Room was clean and non smoking. None of those nasty heavy gross beadspreads either. I will stay there again if I ever go through Pitt again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lamplighter Inn and Suites. I am glad you chose to stay with us. We have a few choices in our pet rooms. I hope you were able to enjoy our full hot breakfast while you were here. Let me know when you are staying again. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel was chosed as the designated hotel for a family wedding. We booked our reservation through Jon and he was personable and welcoming. Near the time of our stary, we asked for an early check in -- No Problem, they said! We requested a room change -- No Problem, they said! Our room was quiet. It had a nice refrigerator and a coffee pot. It was clean and pretty, smelled nice, and the duvet-covered king-sized bed was very comfortable! There was a little sitting area in the room with a couch and tables, as well. Best of all, we had a great little patio that looked out to the pool! Breakfast buffet was included, parking was easy, and the price was totally reasonable! This hotel definitely restores my faith in the small hospitality chains.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review! I'm glad Jon and the rest of our staff were able to accommodate you. We have a lot to offer our guests. Our guests are number one when it comes to hospitality and service. Thank you again for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

This refreshed and renovated retro motel/hotel has a welcome from the first smile at the front door to the duvet covered beds, and inside doors with outer exits to a gorgeous pool. A wonderful breakfast isn't all you'll get inclusive to your stay, but a lovely grill-out supper which is great for exhausted travelers. A much better bargain than the chain hotel across the street, with luxury comforts that normally come with a much bigger price tag. We stayed mid-week, and it was a glorious blessing to have cook-out burgers as the kids played in the pool. Relaxation AND a great price. I've got to find out more reasons to end up in Pittsburg, KS other than just passing through to stay at this lovely inn!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank DevonRadio
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank your for your wonderful review! We have a great staff who go out of their way to make our guests stay a great experience. I'm happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you for staying at the Lamplighter Inn and Suites.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Management allows smoking in certain rooms. We have stayed here multiple times and since we travel with our dogs we are limited in what rooms we can rent. Last time when I entered the room both my husband and I were assailed with the smell of tobacco. Management apologized and were able to change our room. But, this time they were full. Once might be an accident, not twice. And they were not upset. Obviuodly, they turn a blind eye to customers who disregard the no smoking sign on the door. We have stayed in this very rom before and it did not smell.

Room Tip: Not room 118
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value your opinion. I apologize for the smoky room. We do not condone smoking in our rooms. It is hard to get the smoke out after someone smokes. I'm sorry we were not able to accommodate you this last time. I hope you will give us another chance next time you are in town. I would like the opportunity to make it up to you. Thank you again for your review. It gives us the opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

The Thrill Jockey motorcycle club meet at the Lamplighter every year for our Chicken Run. We love the room and pool! Everyone at the Lamplighter is excellent!!! Thank you! For photos check out Thrill Jockeys on Facebook!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Herschel M
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for the great review of the Lamplighter Inn and Suites! We are glad you liked the rooms. We recently remodeled them and put new carpet and mattresses in them. Thank you for your kind words about our employees. We have a wonderful staff! We hope to see you next time you go on your Chicken Run. Thank you again for staying with us at the Lamplighter Inn and Suites.