“Business trip”

Ranked #1 of 1 Pleasanton B&B and Inns
Springfield, Missouri
“Business trip”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were in the area of Cedar Crest Lodge for a business trip and staying one night. The staff was very accommodating on every level; especially in packing us breakfast to-go because we left so early.
I would highly recommend the lodge!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Laura and Matt C, Owner at Cedar Crest Lodge, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
We are very pleased that your enjoyed your stay with us - even if it was very short! I'm glad the muffins and fruit worked out for your work schedule. Next time, you will have to make time for our delicious multi-course breakfast!! We hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Kansas City
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We spent our 16th Anniversary at Cedar Crest Lodge on May 9th, 2014. The Wine Country room was comfortable and super clean. The steam shower was amazing. The grounds are simply stunning. We took two wonderful walks, one at sunset and one in the morning. We enjoyed a delicious huge breakfast with two other couples and had great conversation. Matt and Laura are wonderful hosts. The breakfast was huge and so filling we were able to skip lunch. I loved that the vegetables in the frittata came from their organic garden on the grounds. This is a little piece of heaven only an hour drive from Kansas City. A perfect place for weekend getaway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Laura and Matt C, Owner at Cedar Crest Lodge, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Aren't you two glad you were the winners of the Cedar Crest Lodge gift certificate at the school's auction?! Next time you will have to experience dinner and massages while you are here! By the way, Becky (nurse/massage therapist) says hi! Small world! Until next time . . .
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I can't praise this place enough. We went for out 20th wedding anniversary and it will be remembered as the place to compare all others to. The food was way above and beyond excellent; the portions were outstanding. The staff does pampering with style without being obtrusive. The Tuscany Room was gorgeous, huge, comfortable and felt very private.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Darlene - We are so pleased that you and Brian enjoyed your 20th anniversary celebration!! We and our staff certainly try to give every guest the best treatment possible while under our care :) We would love to see you both visit again!
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is a wonderful getaway tucked in the rolling, treed hills of Kansas. Food outstanding, massages very worthwhile, wonderful landscaping and scenery. They've thought of everything with outstanding hospitality.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the wonderful words! We couldn't be happier that your kids chose us to help you celebrate your 50th wedding anniversary! I am certain you will also enjoy your trip later in the year. Happy 50th to you and Bruce!
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

This was a great little get-away. It's only an hour drive from KC. Our room was delightful, they thought of everything you could possibly need to make the stay enjoyable. Bed was comfy, the breakfast was delicious, the massages were so relaxing and the hosts were delightful to visit with. I would recommend it to anyone and we will be back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Shelly - we are happy you came down to visit on such a beautiful Easter Sunday. Also thankful we were able to get the massages worked out for the two of you Monday morning. Thank you for the nice review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Maybe with Julie and Bill?!
Prairie Village, Kansas
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My weekend at Cedar Crest Lodge provided me just the getaway I needed. I wanted to pamper myself and that I did! Or should I say they did? I stayed in the Wine Country room. It was spacious, clean, and comfortable with sliding doors that opened onto a deck. The view from the deck provided a pastoral view of the countryside. The room itself had all the comforts of home. I lacked for nothing. The grounds are beautiful. I took advantage of the walking trails through woods, by open fields, beside small ponds on the property. I felt so at peace there. I had a massage during my stay and used the steam shower in my room numerous times during my visit. Breakfasts are delicious. I recommend taking advantage of the the other meals they offer as well. Advance meal reservations are requested so don't overlook when reserving your room. The staff are a delight! Thanks so much! I hope to return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Beth B
Laura and Matt C, Owner at Cedar Crest Lodge, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
We couldn't be any happier than when one of our guests say they feel pampered! Our staff works hard at making everyone feel comfortable and relaxed. I am sure the steam shower, the peaceful walk through the woods and massage were also a contributing factor. Where can I sign up? LOL! Yes, although breakfast comes with our overnight stays, we do need a minimum of 72 hours advance notice on any additional meals (ie. picnics, dinner, chocolate-covered strawberries, etc.). I am glad we were able to work it out for you during your stay. Come back and see us any time!
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I apologize to Laura, I did not mean to take a month to get my review in! Our lives are very busy, which is why we went to Cedar Crest in the first place! This lodge is perfect for anyone who wants to get away and not have to think about anything for a day, a weekend, or however long you can manage! My husband and I purchased the couple's weekend getaway package, I promise you will not be disappointed! We didn't have to make a single decision all weekend! They let us know when meals would be and we made sure we were there! The atmosphere is lovely, you can stand outside and see hills and trees, but little else for miles. We had the Tuscan Manor Suite as part of the package, it was great. Fluffy towels, and everything you can think of is already there for you. The only thing we weren't fans of was the sleep number bed. We hadn't experienced that before, but I think we just needed more nights to figure out our numbers! We'll have to stay longer next time! The food is phenomenal, can't say enough about the food! Laura is a sweetheart, we really enjoyed visiting with her. Next time I will bring her a Mizzou sweatshirt to go with that Jayhawk one she had though! She and her family work hard to make a nice experience for people and it really shows. We will most definitely be back, we have agreed that Cedar Crest will be our go to place for some us time :) Thanks again, we appreciate everything you do!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Laura and Matt C, Owner at Cedar Crest Lodge, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you so much for the awesome review! It was our pleasure to make your stay so enjoyable. Yes, I think you will have to come back to try that Sleep Number bed again - you just haven't found your number yet ;) I'm not sure my family will let me hang out with them if I am wearing a Mizzou sweatshirt, so thanks anyway! LOL. Seriously, we hope you will choose Cedar Crest Lodge again when you need a break from reality!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
Sleep Inn & Suites
Lyons Twin Mansions
Lyons Twin Mansions
#1 of 1 in Fort Scott
Netherfield Natural Farm

Been to Cedar Crest Lodge? Share your experiences!