“OK...but have had better!”
Review of Starvin' Marvin's Barbecue - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Casual dining, great food!
Description: Casual dining, great food!
Sawyer
“OK...but have had better!”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

This is a nice restaurant.......just didn't like the food as well as other bar-b-q places.

Saint John, Kansas
“Good barby!”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

If you like barby then you will like this. Have only eaten there twice but has been good both times.

1 Thank Bob F
“Check it out, you wont be dissapointed”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Great food and great prices what else could you ask for? Marvin is a real nice guy who cooks mean bbq. I didn't even have to order, I told Marvin what I do and where I'm from and he brought out a plate for me. A awsome pulled pork sandwich, fall off the bone ribs, chicken, riblets, corn and beans. ALL that for $12 . I will be back everytime I'm in Pratt

1 Thank irishRover83
Wamego, Kansas
“Barbecue specials every day.”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

B'B'Q at its best. A nice variety of meat,chicken & port. Reasonable prices.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank phototaker872
San Diego, Ca
“Pulled pork as good as I've had anywhere”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

As I drove through Pratt, I saw the sign out front that said "best pulled pork in Kansas." It wasn't mealtime, and I was in a bit of a rush, so I drove on by. The next day I was on my way back through Pratt just before lunchtime, and the same sign caught my eye. I just had to stop. I was met at the counter by Marvin himself, with an exuberance that can only come from the owner. We chatted about the food, and he was confident that the sign was right, and he did have the best pulled pork in Kansas.
Since I haven't tried all the rest, I can't say it's absolutely the best, but I can say it is the best that I have had. ( This was my third pulled pork sandwich in just over 24 hours. I love the stuff.) The sandwich was huge, and came with an abundant serving of fries, coleslaw and a slice of garlic toast. I am a big guy, and I had to work to get through all the food. The food was very good, the service even better, and I can't wait until I get back through the area for more.

• Visited September 2011