“Clean, charming and out of the box.”

The Evergreen Inn - Motel and RV Park
The Evergreen Inn - Motel and RV Park
Ranked #1 of 2 Pratt B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Modest but quaint, comfortable and affordable. There.was a train caboose retrofitted to accommodate 2 last I was there in 2012, and a heated outdoor pool surrounded by a lovely garden. Convenient to highway but little if any highway noise.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed 23 December 2012

Clean, and comfortable! Not a chain hotel but just simple with a fair price. The older fixtures are actually a pleasure to see! Free wifi, easy single story access. The front desk woman was as nice as could be and very efficient getting me checked in! "Old time, ma pa " type . This was certainly a pleasnt surprise for me.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank cjpfootloose
Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

Pass this place often when traveling with the RV. Figured we would stop and try it out especially after reading a couple reviews. Besides, we're carrying our own room...what's the worst? Here is my analysis:

The good - level, wifi, cable tv, huge area to maneuver before getting to rv pad, relatively quiet except for coyotes. The gal running the place was friendly and worked with us to get us into a spot and she had great insight into how our neighbors were arranged.

The bad - $30 for a spot, new or old. New spots are HUGE. Old spots are not. New spots and most old are full of temp workers so they aren't available. My truck fit on the pad...barely and all 39 feet of RV stuck out into that huge maneuvering area (that really is good). Neigbors sewer was just forward of our steps. Didn't need water or sewer although both were available...just needed electric and cable. Only 30 amp available at old spots so it's good it was cool out.

The ugly? Nothing really. Easy in and out even with the above comments. It's just a place to stay...not a destination resort.

I would stay again if I needed to.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank RangerLee
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I arrived in Pratt after driving from north of Tucson, Arizona. I had tried in Greensburg - the stop west of Pratt and declined the offer of the bridal suite at the Best Western. The Evergreen was the first place I encountered in Pratt and the friendly owner had a room. It was quaint. Reminded me of home. Our house was built in 1950 and has the original bathroom fixtures - the ones at the Evergreen were similar. The bathroom and room were very clean. Everything worked. The room was large - and comfortable. The bed was good and all in all it fit the bill nicely for a reasonable price. I was offered morning coffee and a roll, but left town before they were available. A quiet, clean, affordable room with a very pleasant staff - don't always find that.

Room Tip: If you want a really quiet room ask for one that faces east.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Arrived late at night to get "the last room". She was more than happy to take my cc so she could put out the 'no vacancy' sign. Room was a dump. Strong disagreeable odor, no functioning smoke alarm, windows were not locked, exit door was difficult to close and didn't lock. The worst was the bathroom. Evidently the 'maid' missed cleaning this part of the $25 worthy room which we paid $83 for. It was very obvious somebody had a bad case of a digestive disturbance at the toilet site. An old used bar of soap was in the shower stall. Too late to back out..no more rooms and a large population of work crews were in the area taking up available finer lodging. The next morning on check out I explained to the clerk (female owner?) of our findings. She put on a good show of being shocked to the point of overkill but no offer to refund a portion of the charged amount. There are better places to stay in and around Pratt. I recommend you avoid this dirty run down place. And I hope the owners read this and make a strong effort to correct their poor treatment of a paying customer, in the future. They certainly won't be getting any more from us when we pass through that area.

Room Tip: There can't possibly be a 'good room' in this establisment. Ask to see the room before...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Leisa B
Reviewed 14 August 2012

The motel is on the edge of town and looks like a small town mom and pop motel, but in very good condition. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a nice little pool in the back that seems well maintained. We had one large room on the back and one smaller room, both were clean and quaint. The large room had two queens and a sofa with a huge bathroom. Some of the wooden furniture was a little worn, but fit the hotel. Both rooms had fridge, microwave, and WiFi. The baths have a retro green tile decor that looks like it could be original except it is in excellent condition and fits the atmosphere, but no hairdryer. The bed was comfortable and the motel was quiet. If you are looking for someplace unusual, they have a train car sitting on rails on the back side that has been converted to a room as well and I believe it's only slightly more a night (about $20 more than our rooms). The only problem we had was the interior doorknob came off while one of the kids was the only one in the room, but the maintenance guy fixed it right away.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mel65B
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Late one night in August of 2011, while traveling bleary-eyed on US-54, I thought it wise to stop for the night. The first place I noticed was the Evergreen Inn in Pratt, Kansas, where I was greeted by a very friendly couple. The room was a great find. It was clean and well-equipped and obviously well maintained. I felt that I had hit the jackpot. There was WiFi, a refrigerator, and a microwave. Again it struck me that if you are well received at the desk, it creates a highly-positive atmosphere and this was certainly the case at the Evergreen Inn. The importance of a warm welcome, unfortunately, seems to escape many a manager.

Room Tip: Seems like a first-rate, family-run place
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo