“They made my wedding a wonderful experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manitou Beach
Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Manitou Beach
Saskatoon, Canada
“They made my wedding a wonderful experience”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our families and friends stayed at the Manitou Springs Hotel in June 2014 for our wedding. The hotel was so accommodating and helped us arrange a room for the rehearsal. They were flexible with early check-ins and late check-outs to accommodate our wedding guests and timing we needed to get to and from our ceremony and reception. It seemed like every staff member knew there was a wedding happening that weekend and all of them said hello and congratulations to us - from the restaurant staff to the house cleaning staff. Many of our guests enjoyed time in the pool. The rooms were spotless and the beds were really comfortable. Parking is free and convenient. The location is fantastic if you want a getaway weekend in the wondeful little resort town of Manitou Beach. If you live in Saskatchewan, it's like being able to go on a spa getaway without the big price tag. I would highly recommend this hotel and the whole town of Manitou Beach. Thank you guys so much for making our wedding an amazing experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jen M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Perigueux, France
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Went there with the kids with a nice minus 25, the water is just awesome... Felt so relax after i wish i had the same back home... a must do in Saskatchewan! On the bad side the cafe food is not really great, frozen and deep fried at its best... will come back for a swim though!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paikea24
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We spent a couple hours in the pool yesterday, our first visit and we were very pleasantly surprised! Very clean facility, pool was great ( yes water was darker, but we expected that ) If looking for a therapeutic waters I would suggest Manitou over Moosejaw based on my experience.

After the pool we took in the SUNDAY BRUNCH - WOW!!! So good - we are from the Saskatoon area and have tried diff't locations for Sunday Brunch - this was by far the best we have experienced in a long time, maybe ever - I HIGHLY recommend the waffle (they give you a choice of crepes, waffle or omelet in addition to the NUMEROUS items on the buffet). Loved the fresh melon salsa with the whipped cream on the waffle...We will be doing this brunch often! Very fairly priced for what was available - the bill was $32.00 for 2 people including coffee. What a great way to spend a Sunday, a nice brunch and a swim/soak!

Manitou Beach is a Saskatchewan hidden gem...CHECK IT OUT!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Spent a couple nights at the mineral spa. The first night reserved a king/hottub suite it was nice but view of the road... Second night a view if the lake. (Beautiful !) but paper thin walls can hear your neighbor using the toilet!! Not pleasant!!!

The pool... Very nice facility very clean, and friendly pool guys make the experience pleasant.

The resteraunt .. Slow service evenings and room service extremely slow!!! Over a 2 hour wait? Breakfast ok not a lot of selection lots of fried/deep fried items not a lot of low cal choices nice friendly servers pleasant atmosphere.

Spa /massage had a treatment was very average not a good treatment. The therapist had rough hands!! It felt like sandpaper!! Also I didnt get the 80 minute session I requested the therapist didn't realize till afterwords that he made an error for the time of session that was booked. (The time was specified on the appt sheet) very unprofessional service. Not impressed!

All in all will visit again only for the "healing powers" of the mineral pool otherwise food service/spa services I will pass and will shop elsewhere for better services

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank littlesweetdee
Dwight H, General Manager at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. I truly apologize for the Serenity treatment, as you should have been compensated for your massage if it was not performed for the length of time you originally booked it for. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can discuss this issue and rectify it for you.

As for our slow room service, we will definitely improve on that as it is an unacceptable wait time! I am please to announce the arrival of our new Executive Chef Nino Ante today, as Nino was the head chef at the Hilton Garden Inn, Toronto, and has managed kitchens in other 5 star Resorts in the Philippines and China. I am confident your dining experience will be much better next time, if you were to give us another chance.

Regina, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Rooms were clean, front desk service was mostly pleasant, rooms fairly clean, but some not attached to the hotel (the villas), and a little awkward for our group.

The food and service was either great or not good, depending literally on whether it was night or day. I was there for two days on business with 8 other cohorts.

Evening meals were good (same menus as the day--but could only order some things throughout, while others were during certain time frames) and service staff and kitchen fairly astute and quick. Food really good.

Lunches were a disaster. Neither serving staff nor cooks knew the menu.
When placing an order they'd ask what you wanted with something, or be surprised by what you said, not realizing you're asking for exactly what was described on the menu.

Hardly anything came out right. Sandwiches or burgers served with salad were soaking in the salad dressing, so that the bread/buns were soggy and dripping (separate bowls for salad would have been nice). Nachos ordered at night had most of the ingredients as advertised, but at noon orders on two different days came out different, and they didn't have everything. Even when sent back they didn't come out right and servers were told that's the way it was done and no effort was made to correct or follow the menu. Wrong salads were served with entrees and they didn't even match any of those described on the menu. BBQ pulled pork option had no sauce, just little bits of meat that fell out of your crumbly bun and almost impossible to eat because it was so dry.

Although the food was mostly tasty, you were never sure what you were actually going to receive. Gluten free options were mostly salads, or taking the bread/buns off a burger. Really? That's it, for a place that should be promoting health and well-being?

Breakfast buffet was quite good, only missing oatmeal porridge, but on the whole very enjoyable.

The pool itself was great, of course, though having drinking water on the side somewhere would have been a nice option (like most spas provide), instead of having to get out and enter the little cafe and being told you couldn't take drinking water to the poolside with you. Earlier opening hours would be a much better option. 9 am is rather late, especially if you are there for meetings and want to catch some healing time before a long day of business.

Will I be back? Not sure. We booked another gathering for next month, but seriously considering cancelling.

Room Tip: Do not accept the villas, and make sure you are not anywhere near the noisy generators/air exchange...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Judith S
I thank you for your comments as it helps us to improve our Resort and services. I am pleased to announce the arrival of our new Executive Chef Nino Ante today, as Nino has a very impressive resume and will surely make your dining experience more memorable next time. Nino was the head chef at the Hilton Garden Inn, Toronto, as well as 5 star Hotels in the Philippines and China.

We certainly hope that you and your group will once again return to our Resort.
Allan, France
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We called last minute and were told they only had one room left for the night, the lighthouse suite. The receptionist was pleasant and reserving the room easy. However, she did fail to mention that this room was not actually in the hotel or even adjoining it. They were really separate motel rooms outside and around the corner, back behind the hotel. It was not convenient to try to find our way through the alternate entrance nearest our rooms outside, there were no clear signs inside or out of this entrance for us to find our way to pool or to the restaurant and back again. It was like navigating a maze and having to go outside after being in the pool was not fun in the cold. Also the elevator was beyond slow the one time we waited for it. It was definately faster to take the stairs. The lighthouse room was half decent. Cleaned well but in need of repair in some areas. The staff was good. Not outstanding but all were friendly to us. I would stay again but in the actual hotel before deciding if it was worth returning to.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank jennaKitty
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I checked in here, and we were hoping for a romantic getaway. It was not what we expected.

First of all, everything is so outdated and poorly lit that this "resort" looks like it could be the scene of a horror film. The housekeeping staff does a nice job with the rooms, because they were very clean despite being so old. The bedspreads were old, sheets were cheap and old, towels were surprise... OLD or cheap. My shower didn't drain, so I got to stand ankle deep in water every time I got in there. Disgusting!

We enjoyed the breakfast buffet, but the service was seriously lacking. We had to ask for salsa three times, and on the third time our waitress says... "Yes I know I'm getting it". Our eggs were cold by then. Sorry to annoy you? I'm not sure why it was so difficult for the waitstaff in the mornings, as people were largely serving themselves and didn't have a bill because they used the vouchers.

The cafe downstairs was convenient, and the guy working behind the counter was probably the nicest employee we encountered despite a major language barrier. The food was decent, but there weren't enough healthy options. Most of it was fried food.

There were screaming kids, babies and people speaking foreign languages loudly for our entire stay. The walls were paper thin, so we barely got ANY rest the entire time we were here. The mineral spa would have been nice if it weren't so loud in there. Less important, but noteworthy, the overall ambiance in the spa needs some work. Cheap fake plants were the only decorations.

I think the last straw for me was that I turned in a comment card with the problems mentioned above after our first night. I gave Manitou Springs a chance to make this right, and they didn't. Nobody contacted me, and the front desk attendant just said.. "Oh sorry about that".

When I booked this, I felt as if we were getting a great deal, but it was honestly not worth all the headache. Manitou Springs has a good marketing department and photographer, because I felt very deceived upon arrival. The room we were put in was NOTHING like I saw in the pictures. Very disappointed. When I checked out, the woman at the front desk didn't even ask how my stay was. I don't think you could could pay me to come back to this place, which is a shame because we have more travel planned in SK this summer.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Amanda M
Dwight H, General Manager at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for your comments, and I am sorry that your stay was not as you expected. It is my fault for not contacting you in regards to your comment card, so I apologize for that as well. Please note that our hotel room pictures for every type of room we offer, are located on our website under the "hotel room" tab on the top of our home page. These pictures accurately represent what type of room you will be renting from us.

As we aim to please our guests in any way possible, we would have been happy to move you to another hotel room, or we could have told your hotel neighbors to keep the noise down, if you would have brought the noise issue to our attention during your stay.

Once again, thank you for your comments as it helps us to improve.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitou Beach
#1 of 2 in Lanigan
Manitou Hotel & Bar
Manitou Hotel & Bar
#2 of 4 in Watrous

Been to Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa? Share your experiences!