Sleep Inn & Suites
US$89
Agoda.com
US$96
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel has a lot going for it but.... let's do the positives first. Although the location is fairly far out of town, that has it's advantages such as quietness. It is relatively new and has nice touches like granite counters in the bathroom and tile walls in the tub. Microwave and fridge in the room. The continental breakfast, while it won't knock your socks off, is good. Staff is friendly. Now the down side-it had snowed a week before we were there and the parking lot was absolutely horrendous. Yes, there was a lot of snow but other businesses had managed. When we returned to the hotel after checking in and going to visit our family, we could barely walk from the car to the hotel. It was a sheet of ice and I was very afraid of falling. We told the woman at the desk and she said they had someone clean it but they hadn't done a good job. No sh**, Sherlock-hire someone else! It was cold overnight so was the same way in the morning when we left. While our room overall was clean they need to vacuum under the tables, etc. There was a toe nail clipping by the bed that I could see and it was there all the time we were. Disgusting.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is by no means the fanciest hotel I have ever stayed in, but for just a good-value place to sleep, I have returned here often. It is relatively new, clean, has an indoor pool and hot tub, and a small fitness room. Breakfast includes a few hot offerings and a waffle maker. People at the front desk have always been friendly and helpful. There is no restaurant on site, but several good ones within a mile.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel on October 4, 2013. Upon my return home, I discovered I had left a book there. I called them right away and yes, they had my book. Well, today is October 28, 2013 and they STILL have my book. A credit card number was provided for them to send my book back to me. I STILL have not received it. In my communications with them, I was told they took it the UPS store in Salina. In speaking with UPS, I was told that the Sleep Inn had not mailed anything since August. Someone is being very dishonest here. When I call, I am told that my book should be arriving any day. I am so angry about this. The next step is that I am going to buy myself a new copy of the book and send the bill to the hotel for reimbursement.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is a newer hotel off I-135 in Salina. The room was extremely clean and decorated beautifully. Great bed. Good TV although channels were not as advertised in the welcome book. Had a nice big shower instead of a bath/shower which we loved. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was supposed to begin at :30 am but was not ready until 6:45/6:50 am. It appeared the night clerk looked like she just woke up and was late. No orange juice in container. Hot water for tea was not hot. Staff who put out the food was very, very unfriendly.

Room Tip: Try this one because it was nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is the second time I've stayed here where the lack of hot water went unresolved. Cheap but you don't get what you don't pay for. Also be aware that there are a ton of animals all the time so if you don't like living with pet dander then this is not your place.

• Stayed: October 2013