“Nope”

Super 8 Salina
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Salina
“Nope”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I'm confused as to why this hotel has such high reviews?? I've stayed at MUCH better places and I've stayed at worse. This place isn't a bad "one nighter" but our stay was about 2 weeks so I've seen many more cons than pros. For starters I found a flea on my 2 yr old, the managers husband is flat out rude, the brkfst is a joke, walls are paper thin to where you can hear everything next to you. The pool is so cloudy and dirty to where you can't see to the bottom in 4', the liner is coming off and rusting. Don't do laundry! Front desk will call every 10 min to see if your laundry is finished for the impatient guests. Very unpleased with this place and I'll be sure to let my family and friends not to stay here.

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Good, clean and comfortable hotel. Perfect place to stop for a rest on our drive from TX to CO. Very friendly and helpful staff. On our most recent trip, my husband and I somehow managed to leave my bag there (don't ask) and didn't discover our mistake until 8 hours after we left. We called immediately, and they said they already had the bag locked away in a safe place. The next day they boxed it up and took it to FedEx. It arrived at our destination two days later, completely intact and untouched. We were so grateful! Above and beyond the call of duty! Many, many thanks to the kind and honest folks at Super 8 Salina!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Deerfield Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Traveling by car from NY to CA this month. Stopped here overnight. Very clean and comfortable, AC worked just fine. Room down the hall from indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi, but too tired to use either (a shame). Right near route 70, on which we were traveling. Kansas eternally flat and boring for this city boy, but this motel a pleasant surprise. For the price, very nice..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I reserved a handicap room since I was there by myself. The room was perfect. Lots of space to move around in. Used my employee discount to stay while I was helping my brother move. It was much better than staying amongst all the moving boxes. Great stay and will stay again if the need arises.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I agree with all the positive reviews, staff, room cleanliness ("sparkling"), accommodating for my special needs, gave directions, knowledgeable. Quiet, AC worked fine, was 104 outside.

Some king-bed rooms are handicapped equipped, not the two queen rooms. Same for a recliner in room.

Easy to find, good location.

Room Tip: They honored my request for room close to lobby and entrance since have trouble walking.