“Great place to stay”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Great staff, great service. Appreciated the consideration of our family circumstances and the accommodation of several families joining together in one place. Appreciated the use of the eating area for gathering to visit, even when breakfast was not being served.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Rod B,

Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to write a review regarding Comfort Suites in Salina. I appreciate the kind words and know that you are always welcome to stay when you are in Salina!!!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This is a great place to stay, always very helpful. Clean and the beds are wonderful. These are reasons I keep coming back. The management is great to work with when it comes to bringing colleagues with me.

Room Tip: Talk with front desk and they will help you.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Rod B,

I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a wonderful review regarding Comfort Suites in Salina. The staff always enjoys hearing what our guests have to say about their experience. We strive on providing excellent customer service and I'm glad that you have experienced it on several occasions. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is our second stay at this Comfort Suites. We stayed one night on our way to Denver. I wish it was just off of I-70, but it is not hard to find. In an safe and well lit area, close to several restaurants and shopping. The rooms are huge and very comfortable. Our bathroom needed a little extra cleaning around the edges, but I happened upon the manager very early the next morning and I have no doubt that she will have that taken care of.
Service and breakfast were wonderful.
We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Gypsywych,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a review on Trip Advisor about Comfort Suites in Salina, Kansas. I appreciate that you gave us an overall rating of "5". I remember visiting with you that morning regarding the bathroom shower and I truly appreciated your comments then as well as now. I have visited with the housekeeping department and they are all aware regarding the "edge" of the shower. Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to your next visit!!!

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

The room was very nice. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. They had a really good breakfast. It is next door to a gas station and is very close to Wal-mart, Olive Garden, and Red Lobster. I do think the desk clerk could of been more attentive on the evening shift. He seemed to be really occupied with the internet more so then customer service and didn't seem very friendly. They didn't have any first floor rooms for me, so I asked for the 3rd floor and not the second floor they had me scheduled for and they put me all the way down the hall from the elevator and that was not a plus for me. He did give me a room on the parking side of the building which was a plus. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Janice,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at Comfort Suites in Salina and for giving us an overall rating of 4 out of 5. I'm very sorry that we did not have any rooms on the 1st floor for you and that you had to be put on the 3rd floor, down the hall from the elevator. Please know that when making your reservation with us, you can request to be on the first floor and we try our very best to accommodate all requests. As far as the front desk clerk not seeming very attentive - I'm sorry. I will visit with all my front desk clerks about customer service and how very important it is that the customer feels welcome.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we will have a room waiting for you the next time you are in Salina.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

At first, we found that our bathroom was not clean. The front desk moved us immediately to another room. That room was lovely and clean. The main reason I wanted to provide a review is to let you know that I found the linens to be very nice without the chemical smell or lumpy comforters that we found at Hampton Inn on this trip. We did not hear traffic noise.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Sandy S,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and giving us an overall score of 4. I want to apologize that the bathroom was not clean in the first room you checked into. I know that isn't a very comforting feeling. I'm very glad to know that the front desk clerk moved you immediately and everything was great in the second room. Thank you so much for the compliment regarding our linens. We try very hard to make sure that they are clean and fresh. Again, thank you for the review and we will see you the next time you are in Salina!!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Enjoyed my stay. Suite was gorgeous and comfortable. Breakfast staff friendly and food was great. Very close to food, shopping and highway. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for comfort, location and proximity to attractions in Salina. I will stay again on any future trips to Salina.

• Stayed: November 2013
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

sbwilliams5370,

Thanks so much for writing a review regarding your stay at Comfort Suites and giving us an overall ranking of "5". I'm glad you enjoyed your stay as well as our breakfast. I will share your comments with my staff as they appreciate knowing they are doing a great job. Thanks again for your feedback and we will look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Salina!!!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Its no Westin, or even a Holiday Inn Express but it provides a clean place to sleep, with breakfast and hot water. This is where we stay when we travel to Salina for meetings and training at our corporate head quarters. Its just off of I-70 and the traffic noise isn't too terrible but its noticable. The rooms are nice, king size bed, sitting area, desk, fridge, micro and a decent sized bathroom. The public areas are well appointed and clean. The rooms could be deep cleaned from time to time, I had the misfortune of discovering that someone has left a bottle of Adult toy cleaner behind the nightstand when I reached for my cell phone that had gotten knocked behind,...there was a good layer of dust and that questionable bottle back there...I was a little disgusted but it was my last night (of 4) there that time and after a good hand scrubbing I was able to get to sleep. I will stay there again, mostly because its just a 2 mile jaunt down I-70 to get to HQ and its fairly centrally located to shopping and dining. The staff are nice depending on the shift but even if they are not the most cheerful people, they are helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Momma22boys,

Thank you so much for taking time to write about Comfort Suites on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important as we value what each guest has to say about their stay. The staff and I take pride in providing a wonderful experience for each of our guests and I'm truly sorry about what you found behind the night stand. That would be disturbing to anyone. I will visit with the housekeeping department as far as checking and cleaning behind nightstands as I don't want this type of incident to happen again. I can't thank you enough for your feedback as I can't change what I don't know about. The staff and I look forward to you staying with us again so that we can provide you with an outstanding experience!!