“Clean, comfortable and top drawer for a budget motel”
Review of Best Inn Motel

Best Inn Motel
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Clean, comfortable and top drawer for a budget motel”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

The only drawback I can really think of is the lack of outlets and lighting in the room we stayed as well as only a push lock on the doorknob. Otherwise, it is well worth the trek (for the price) away from the interstate. Trains did go by during the night, but it wasn't loud enough to disturb my sleep.

The bed was VERY comfortable as were the pillows. Seriously- the pillows were awesome. We stayed in a King room. Everything was clean and it was obviously recently renovated. There was no cover to the overhead bulb and no lamps/nightstands next to the bed. So, if someone is in bed, the only light is from overhead or the bathroom.

Overall, it was definitely a great night's rest and the low price shouldn't scare you away.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank S F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Palmyra, Virginia
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This little hotel is family run and it was really clean and neat. Only complaint was the shower is minuscule and needs updating. For the price this really is a good night's sleep in clean surroundings. The staff was very very nice and it was close to the downtown eateries too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vwstenhouse
Beijing, China
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I wasn't expecting much for a motel that charged $35/night, but the room was much nicer than expected. The furnishings were more than adequate, with a large bed, tv, fridge, dresser and couch. The bathroom was clean. The woman who greeted us at the front desk was friendly.

The only complaint was the thin walls. Our neighbors got in late and stayed up late -- making lots of noise. We could hear every word of their conversation, as well as what they were watching on tv. It kept us up for a few hours - this was after a long drive that day and another long drive the next night. However, overall for the price, it was still an ok deal.

Room Tip: Try to get a room without someone next to you.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is a mom without pop establishment. The manager Angela uses her underage kids (maybe 8 yr old daughter and 14 year old boy) to do work around her motel like answering phone calls and taking messages while she is away from the front desk. I thought this was unprofessional behavior since in one of my night's stay there several hours went by without her contacting me back in regards to room service that was not done. The vanity sink did not drain appropriately in my stay there. Also the housekeeping was average to poor which was done by angela. The first night i asked for a late wake up call so she still decides to knock on my door. Unfortunately there wasn't a "do not disturb sign" to hang on the door.

It's weird that they have updated furniture, t.v., bathroom, carpet, beddings, etc. but they provide low level of service. There is no logic here. They spend money for the room but provide low level of customer service.

I would recommend another motel based on the housekeeping and customer service problems with the owner of the establishment.

Room Tip: Based on the poor customer service i received from the owner i would recommend another motel. The r...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 September 2013

It took me awhile to find it and even some locals didn't know of the place...it's rather in an out of the way place in Salina.

The family that runs the motel was wonderful. Even their 14 year old son was a sweetie. The room looked very clean and freshly done. It wasn't my style but was comfortable with lots of natural light which helped because my only real complaint was the lighting. When I walked in there was only the ceiling light with a low wattage spiral bulb. Now this puts a creepy look to the whole place and if I hadn't read the reviews and had not met the family and had not seen the overall cleanliness to the place this could have been a deal breaker. I immediately called the desk and asked for a table lamp and was brought one...it was a bit on the small side but worked for a reading lamp. There was no coffee in the whole place and no ice.

But the tv was a flat screen and there was a fridge and microwave. Plus the ac worked well and the bed was comfortable. The pillows were a bit weird feeling like small chunks of foam. But for a tight budget this worked fine. I would strongly recommend that they put two lights on the two night stands available. It would have improved things a lot.

Room Tip: I believe that each room is different...each room having it's own style. I wished I had asked i...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The owner was extremely helpful & available each time I called prior to check in as I called several times throughout the night continuing thru the wee hours of the morning. I felt right at home at this establishment as it had that "mom & pop" owner operated instead of the large cold corporate chains I have been accustomed to.

Although I kept this owner awake with my phone calls & late arrival of 3:30 a.m. he was continuously cheerful & helpful. I was surprised to see he went the extra step (without my asking) to make sure I entered my room safely (at 3:30 a.m.) as he watched from his office window not turning his back until by room door closed behind me.

The room was so clean, comfortable, & quiet after only sleeping a few hours (I wanted to get back on the road by 9 a.m.) it felt as if I had slept a full night. I felt very refreshed & rested after driving 10 hours straight from Houston. I would highly recommend!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Julie S
Bunker Hill, Kansas
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Great Price and Very clean room.I stayed in a few others in this town and all the others were filthy.It was nice to be in a good clean environment.I was very pleased I chose here for my stay.
If you want value and a nice enjoyable stay, then book your room here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business