“The best value motel”

and 1 more site!
Best Inn Motel
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were on a road-trip around the USA and this motel was our best find. The customer service and value for money was outstanding. The room was spacious, well-appointed and very clean. We arrived late in the night to a warm and gracious welcome. The staff could not have done more for us. They even sent me free of charge my power adaptor that I left in the room. Tremendous, would definitely stay again, thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David S

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I made a reservation online on July 1 for that night. We showed up to check in about 6pm the owner wasn't in her teenage son took a copy of my boyfriends drivers license and gave us a room key told us his mom would be down when she got in to get our info and money. We got in our room which looked very nice until I went to get in the shower. There was one hand towel in the whole room. Tried to find a phone to call front desk there was none. Walked to office, spoke with teen. He called his mother said she would be down to our room when she got in to give us towels. I have never nor will I ever wait on motel owner to get back to their job so I can shower and go to bed. That's the whole reason you get a room when traveling. I called right across the street and promptly moved out as she was coming in trying to tell me she wasn't going to charge me and accusing my boyfriend of smoking in the room when he was trying not to be trashy. There were no receptacles for cigarette butts so he threw his in the toilet instead of her parking lot.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Alicia M
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Second visit…this time the lighting had been upgraded from a bare bulb to very nice recessed lighting…very clean, nice new fridge and microwave.
The fabric softener/detergent/room deodorizer smell was overpowering maybe because we were in a pet room… we had to sleep w/window open and the smell still permeated my clothes and was cloying…Our room had an oddly colored dark brown newly painted wall and bathtub still needs updating…But the owners continue to work on the inside of the rooms and for under $40, it's a very very good value, very clean, and much much nicer than the outside would have you believe.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank clairann2000
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The inside looks much better than the outside. The rooms are fresh and clean, nice bedding. With all they spent on the refurbishment and all the furnishings, you would think there would have been $5 left for a light fixture on the ceiling. And maybe another $5 for a lamp. The only real downside was that the room had a connector door to the next room. The door did not fit well and is a period (1950's) wood door. The people in the next room couldn't figure out how to turn the tv sound down or OFF. Not terrible, but annoying. We stacked the comforter from the bed against the door to muffle the sound. I'd stay there again, just make sure there is not a connecting room.

Room Tip: Make sure there is not a connecting room, connecting doors do not fit tight and are not soundproof.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The only drawback I can really think of is the lack of outlets and lighting in the room we stayed as well as only a push lock on the doorknob. Otherwise, it is well worth the trek (for the price) away from the interstate. Trains did go by during the night, but it wasn't loud enough to disturb my sleep.

The bed was VERY comfortable as were the pillows. Seriously- the pillows were awesome. We stayed in a King room. Everything was clean and it was obviously recently renovated. There was no cover to the overhead bulb and no lamps/nightstands next to the bed. So, if someone is in bed, the only light is from overhead or the bathroom.

Overall, it was definitely a great night's rest and the low price shouldn't scare you away.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank S F
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This little hotel is family run and it was really clean and neat. Only complaint was the shower is minuscule and needs updating. For the price this really is a good night's sleep in clean surroundings. The staff was very very nice and it was close to the downtown eateries too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vwstenhouse
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I wasn't expecting much for a motel that charged $35/night, but the room was much nicer than expected. The furnishings were more than adequate, with a large bed, tv, fridge, dresser and couch. The bathroom was clean. The woman who greeted us at the front desk was friendly.

The only complaint was the thin walls. Our neighbors got in late and stayed up late -- making lots of noise. We could hear every word of their conversation, as well as what they were watching on tv. It kept us up for a few hours - this was after a long drive that day and another long drive the next night. However, overall for the price, it was still an ok deal.

Room Tip: Try to get a room without someone next to you.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple