“No Discounts on Holiday Weekends”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salina
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was EXTREMELY disappointed in this particular Holiday Inn. I've stayed here before with my family so I was excited to return on our way home from vacation. However, I was disappointed that the manager told the lady checking people in that there were NO discounts given to anyone during the Memorial Day weekend unless you were on-duty military personal. I found it sad that they knew people would be traveling and they decided to charge all of us full-price and take advantage people who are should receive their hotel discounts, whether they be military/government, AAA, etc. I was also disappointed that I had to pay full price only to receive a room with strictly a shower. The water was VERY soft and made getting soap off hard. One other complaint I would have is that if you're room is anywhere near the vending and ice machines you will hear them being used late into the night. Our neighbors made lots of noise and I almost called to complain, but they eventually stopped on their own.

There was a "happy hour" offered while we were there. It had olives, cheese, crackers, cookies, etc. You could get beer in a can, or box wine in a plastic cup. I can't blame them, because patrons may take things upstairs, and we all know anything of worth tends to disappear. The cookies, coconut cookies, and wine were good. The room was clean, and the bed was good and firm. I did notice some red light that was motion activated. Not sure what that was about. Other than the price and the nosy neighbors the rooms are very nice. The staff I interacted with were nice and friendly too. I would be asking more questions about them honoring discounts before booking in the future.

Room Tip: Call and ask before booking about any discounts, because you may not get them if they are on the wee...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salina, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Amelia M,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. We are delighted you found our staff friendly and commendable, also we are pleased you found your room clean and comfortable.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience the challenges with the expected discounted rate and the noise may have caused you. I assure you that your feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us a chance to host you the next time you are in Salina.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salina

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Traveling across country and needed a place to sleep for the night. Saw the highway sign for Holiday Inn Express and decided to stop. Missed the hotel on the first pass, but spotted it after turning around. Since the hotel is new everything was in good shape. Bed was nice and firm, no rolling into a hole. The room was large with a spacious bathroom. Especially liked the walk in shower. Enjoyed the breakfast selection. Will definately stop again should we need a room in Salina.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dahdls
DebbieIsaacsonGM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salina, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear dahdls,
Thank you for your stay, we are happy to see that you enjoyed our hotel, we hope to see you in the near future. Once again thank you for your stay.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We don't often have a need to stay in this part of town as we rely on family, but there was a surprise retirement party to attend and we needed a place to lie low. We utilized a suite option as we needed a fridge because of food restrictions. The breakfast far more than a traditional American version of a continental breakfast. Will be staying again should the need arise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the North side (away from the interstate that's nearby).
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann A

Dear Ann A,
Thank you for your comment, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you stay with us in the near future. Once again thank you for your stay.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I can't really add more than other reviewers' comments. I had to laugh when I read lesuerg's comments about the fire stairs - I noted the same thing! I loved the up-to-date décor and the attention to the details, such as clean baseboards! YAY! I like clean! The customer service was phenomenal, Liz was great at the front desk, a pleasant mix of professional efficiency and friendly courtesy. When she found out we were leaving at O'Dark Thirty, she offered us an early breakfast! Our room was clean and spacious and we slept so well on a comfortable bed with soft pillows. Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear CharlieCN,
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about your stay, we are really glad to hear you loved everything about our hotel. We hope to see you in the near future, once again thank you for your stay.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel was newer, very clean and well kept. The breakfast was good along with the manager's happy hour during the week. My room and bed were very comfortable. It is right off the interstate which makes it easy to get to other parts of town. It is behind a truck stop but, I didn't hear a lot of noise. It is far enough away from the truck stop that I didn't feel uncomfortable traveling by myself. There is a Starbucks and a few other restaurants nearby. Nothing fancy but, if you want someplace nicer to eat you just have to go a few miles down the interstate.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was a good choice so that I could take the stairs and skip the elevator. The stairs were...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
DebbieIsaacsonGM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Lyn R,
Thank you for your stay, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stay in a lot of limited service hotels like this Holiday Inn Express. You know--the kind with one elevator, and not a very fast one at that. This hotel has lovely stairwells that are spacious and carpeted and well lit, and the doors are on hold-opens so they only close if the fire alarm is pulled. If you're on a low floor, you can skip the elevator except when you're hauling luggage. It's a pleasant thing.

Otherwise this hotel hit all the marks expected for this brand. I don't love the north-of-town location, but most of the other hotels are way at the south end of town, which isn't much better. Would definitely stay here again--just for the stairs!

Room Tip: Faces east and west. Go for east facing if there's any chance of a hot day.Views are nothing spe...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lesuerg,
Thank you for your comment, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Very nice spacious room that was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good and staff was very friendly. We have two boys that enjoyed the pool and I did utilize their fitness room; the fitness room was small with limited equipment, but adequate. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2014

Dear Smileyshanks,
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about our hotel, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our facility.