“Not bad for a motel 6”
Review of Motel 6 Salina

Motel 6 Salina
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Pretty clean room. Bed wasn't very comfy but it was clean. Very nice staff. Bathroom was clean with decent water pressure. One of the better motel 6 we have stayed in with really nice front desk staff.

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Salina

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Well worth the money and out of this world service. nice and clean no problems will go back if i'm ever out that way again. the food was awesome. staff is very friendly cant say nothing bad at all very pleased!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The Motel was nice and it was pet friendly. When you are tired and want to get off the road it is nice to find a pet friendly hotel. The room was clean and did not smell like dog urine (I have had rooms that were pet friendly that were not taken care of) so it was fresh smelling. There was a nice field to walk my dog right next door. All in all......... it was worth the stay. There was internet for a charge but I was ready for sleep so I didn't care. At 50.00 what do you expect the Hilton?

Room Tip: Try and get near the Office side as the Highway is at the far side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2013

If you want the most room for the money motel 6 may be a option.

Some advantages include:

1. Value Priced.
2. Clean Room/Linens/Pillow Cases/Towels
3. Very Good Front Desk Service.

Some disappointments include:

1, bed was firm.
2. No alarm clock in room.
3. Charge for Internet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank traveler4u2013
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The night before we doubled our budget - spent $100 - and had huge fluffy pillows, beautiful, soft bedding, lovely breakfast. We knew we couldn't spend that much so shopped around at the Salina, KS exit; Motel 6 offered the best price - approx $50. (And why are the prices quoted on the signs for ONE person...seriously!) The room was very clean - that was most important. The beds were ok - the sheets were so thin we could see the mattress pad through them. The pillows weren't flat, but just ok. The towels were extremely thin and rough. The water pressure was AMAZING so the shower was like needles - but it was better than low pressure. They offered coffee and donuts in the office for breakfast, but since there was an IHOP next door, we treated ourselves.

Room Tip: We didn't have problem with noise - lots of tractor trailers parked on the office-side of the bu...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I've stayed at the Motel 6 in Salina for several years, and I've never been disappointed. Brian is one of the friendliest desk clerks I've encountered, and if there has been a problem, it has always been solved. Inside and out, it is very clean and the housekeeping staff members are friendly as well. I love the vacant lot on the west side as my dog has room to run after being in a car all day. When the ice machine broke, the office provided bagged ice. I wish Wifi would be free, but that seems to be a policy that varies from one hotel to another. The outside appearance is very clean. I do wish they would have the pool open longer as Kansas is VERY hot. I've been there in May and September when it has been closed. It would be nice to have a pool!

Room Tip: If you have a pet, ask for the west side as that is where a dog walking area is located.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2013

At least it didn't smell. After three nights of terrible motel 6 experiences in other cities on our roadtrip, this was a welcome relief. I know you shouldn't do comparison reviews, but at this point we were genuinely happy for a room that didn't smell of smoke and internet that worked.

The room was fine, a typical motel 6 room. It was clean, good working air con, lots of channels on the TV. The motel is part of a huge truck stop off I-70 in Salina so I was expecting to be woken up all night due to the traffic, but we slept fine. One bonus of being in a truck stop was 24 hour restaurants (an i-hop across the parking lot where you get 10% off by showing your room key was perfect for breakfast) Also, as a rather small motel, it felt very secure.

If I was ever driving through Kansas again I would definitely stop here, nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends