“Would not go there again!”
Review of Rodeway inn

Rodeway inn
Rodeway inn
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Chanute, Kansas
“Would not go there again!”
Reviewed 20 July 2010

The person at desk was near rude-gave no info-later found the ice machine was broke and a sign saying to go next door to the quik stop to purchase ice! Not enough towels-breakfast-minimal and one had to find and get things out of refrigerator-as food was not out as it should have been! The only positve thing I have to say-The bed was comfortable and we slept well. I should have come to this site before booking my motel!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Illinois
Reviewed 4 July 2010

This hotel is nothing outstanding. Our room had not been swept from the previous occupants and there were crumbs all over the carpet. The phone did not work. Computer in the lobby was also broken. Breakfast was marginal at best. Just a few packaged muffins and rolls were left at 8am when I went down. The price is pretty cheap, so I guess you get what you pay for. They do accept pets, which is a plus.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Breckenridge, Colorado
Reviewed 30 June 2010

This motel is an absolute dump. The furniture in the room should have been thrown out years ago. There were flees in the room and the building is in between the interstate and a truck stop. I would not stay there even one night. Thay refused to refund my money even though I didn't stay. I booked there because of reviews on another site, but now I'm wondering if those reviews are legitimate. Don't waste your time or money stopping at this dump of a motel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Salina hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 12 September 2008

We had stayed here for 4 nights while visiting my family in a nearby town.

The good....The location is good if you desire to stay near the freeway. You also have numerous 24 hour restaurants and gas stations/mini marts within a mile. The parking, was good but it looks like it can get tight when the place is booked solid (also DO NOT park under the trees there, you will regret it in the morning when you have tons of bird droppings on your car!). The gal at the front desk was friendly. The price was very decent, especially w/AAA. There is a 10.00 non refundable pet fee, but they are allowed to stay there. One great quality is that the doors have door stoppers so you can prop the door open while unloading your luggage. The A/C works well! The towels are pretty soft. TV came w/about 70 channels. The internet worked decent most of the time. They do offer at least 2 computers for guests. The rooms come w/a fridge (no microwave, but there is one in the breakfast area).

The not so good.....the smell of the lobby and hallway was very funky. Also the beds were uncomfortable, and the bedding came off both beds after the first night.

This was an ok hotel. I prefer other chains, but the price was decent. I would have probably liked this property better if it would have only been a 1 night stay as opposed to 4.

• Liked — price, location
  • Disliked — funky smelling lobby
  • Stayed September 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2008

I was looking for an inexpensive motel for 1 night, saw this motel and it had pretty good reviews. I found it to be a very lovely facility. True, it's next to I-70 and across the street from a truck park, tucked away between a Day's Inn and an Ihop. But I never heard any noise from the truck stop or the highway. The building was obviously new, the counter staff was very friendly and helpful. They had a computer terminal with internet next to the office. I had blueberrry muffins and cream cheese at the continental breakfast. The room wasn't fancy, but it was very nice and well kept, looked like the furnishings were new as well. I was very impressed, especially for the price, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Continental breakfast
  • Disliked — Couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
Alabama
Reviewed 26 March 2007

Stopped here for one night traveling along I-70. For the price (low $50s w/ AAA), this isn't a bad stop at all. The property appears to be newer and is well aintained. Corridors are interior for safety and there is easy access to I-70. Rooms are a little small, but not bad. Everything was clean. Shower head was unusually well suited for a tall person, which was nice. Two floors, no elevator. Breakfast in the morning (doughnuts, cereal, etc) is included. Parking is a bit cramped, but otherwise a good stop along the interstate. the Salina exit (252 I think) is a good 45 miles from another lodging exit in either direction, so plan accordingly.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
South Central Minnesota
Reviewed 16 March 2007

On a trip from central Iowa to Pueblo, CO, my mother and I were looking for a cheap motel with free wireless internet and HGTV. We randomly stopped driving for the day in Salina, KS. The friendly clerk at the Motel 6 (which didn't look safe or welcoming to my eyes) suggested we try the America's Best Inn for our two travel criteria (HGTV and wireless internet). I was surprised by the low rate - we used AAA to pay $45 (before taxes) for a non-smoking room with two double beds. The place looked new and clean, and were pleasantly surprised to find a fridge in the room. We wished they had a hair dryer, but that was all we were missing. Great staff, a decent free continental breakfast - not a bad deal.

• Stayed March 2007