“Party of 8 for a 60th birthday celebration”
Review of Daimaru Steakhouse

Daimaru Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 129 Restaurants in Salina
Price range: US$6 - US$36
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
McPherson, Kansas
“Party of 8 for a 60th birthday celebration”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had a 60th birthday party for my wife's mother here on 3/22/2014 for supper. Our family of 4 had eaten here, but at their old location (which was a dive!). Another 4 in our party had never been here. Our server, Reagan, was very good at walking everyone through the order process and keeping drinks filled during our visit. Our chef was very entertaining and even my in-laws got into it, which I was unsure about. The spatula tricks, fire, onion volcano, etc. all make the meal! I was reading another review complaining about the 'stew meat steak and pencil eraser scallops'...that puzzles me. Our steaks were very nice quality (prob. 8 oz. or so) and the scallops were top notch and about the size of half dollars. Their sushi is extremely fresh and they have a variety for every taste. I don't have anything but good things to say about all the food I tried. My only advice would be wait for a seat at the hibachi table and if you have a group of 8 or more be sure to make reservations!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Trevor W

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Second try not up to first”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Had a meal here few weeks ago, dinner on the grill. Thought it was okay, but nothing exceptional. Guess I not a big fan of playing with your food? Was taken out for lunch, so this was a freebie. Ate on other side at regular table, gave us a lunch menu. Thought I was getting a steak and scallops, instead I got what looked like chopped up stew meat and the smallest scallops I've ever been served, more like pencil erasers from their texture and taste. So called steak chunks where more grizzle than beef. The cost for the three of us was nearly $50! Still hungry, stopped by for some Cozy burgers to fill void.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank suewdf
Topeka, KS
“Great experience”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We were here on a Wednesday night during basketball season, so we called for reservations. For the four of us to eat at the grill. We were seated very quickly and another family joined our table. We gave our order and then waited for a whole for the chef to come to our grill. He was fun and did a great job cooking the food. I had the filet and it was yummy. Besides the rice, they also serve fried noodles. Very tasty. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the hot green tea because all of the loose leaf tea was floating freely at the bottom. The gratuity is already included in the bill. The four of us at for just more than $100.

Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico
“Good Japanese food in Kansas, believe it or not?”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Hey, need some good white sticky Japanese rice ..... this place has it. They have real sushi in Kansas, better than any local fish bait shop. They also do tepenyaki "chop-chop" on the cook top cooking show.

Visited November 2013
Lake Benton, Minnesota
“Wonderful Sushi!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I only had sushi on my visit and it was very good. I had a seaweed salad that was delicious. Then I also had some tuna, salmon, and a speciality roll. The fish was delicious. I would definitely go back!

• Visited January 2014

Been to Daimaru Steakhouse? Share your experiences!