“Middle of the USA”
Review of Courtyard Salina

Courtyard Salina
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I have stayed at the courtyard Mariott for a few times and it is an easygoing and pleasant hotel to stay. The staff are really supportive and tried to help me in a good restaurant choice. The facilities are allround. The rooms are spacious and well equiped.
Breakfast is organised in the lobby and has a homey feel. Good old fashioned american breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Henkie10

Reviewed 26 March 2013

As a Marriott Rewards member I chose the Courtyard because it is a Marriott property. Room was okay, typical Courtyard room. Bed was quite comfortable. I'm not a Bistro fan but ate breakfast there and the staff was really nice and accomodating. The lobby is spacious and comfortable. USA Today and local newspaper available every day. Housekeeping staff was efficient and friendly Had some issues with the bill but they were resolved after 3 days and numerous calls. Close to restaurants, WalMart, and gas station. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third (top) floor as you can hear guests walking above you. Children there on...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I typically stay in a different brand of Hotels. Due to activities going on in town I stayed at the Courtyard. It was the first time for me at this property. First impressions are great when you walk in the lobby. A bistro off to the left and modern furniture throughout. The check in staff was very friendly and the rooms were fine. Only complaint on the whole stay was the bed. The felt like a foam bed and caves in around you. If you're use to a firm bed then this might not be the best place for you.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 12Travelagain
Michelle J, General Manager at Courtyard Salina, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Thank you 12Travelagain for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott hotel. We recently went through a massive renovation and are pleased to hear our guests are enjoying our new spaces. It is unfortunate the mattress did not meet your satisfaction as we just recently replaced all of our mattresses in the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and please come see us the next time your travels bring you to Salina.

Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

Traveling to Denver and needed a place to catch some zzz's. we seek out Marriotts because of their good military rates and consistent good service. This one was worth the stop. Very comfy bed and spacious room. Coffee was so-so but that is usually the result of local water differences. Desk clerk was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank bearnstar

Thank you bearnstar for taking time to write a review for the Courtyard by Marriott. We are always thrilled to hear that our associates have given our guests what they deserve and that is world class service! I do agree that local water can cause in room coffee to taste different, however, should you get the opportunity to visit us again please know we now have Starbuck's coffee in The Bistro available. Starbuck's coffee is always brewed through a dedicated water filter system to ensure it is the best coffee cup after cup! We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

We come here once a year for work, and I know I can always expect a friendly staff and clean facilities. They have a spacious meeting room and this venue is located near several restauarnts and shops. One thing that was new on this stay was that they'd remodeled the lobby. The breakfast buffet is gone, but they replaced it with a little restaurant area where we could order off the menu. I recommend this as the place to stay when visiting Salina.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank breoni

Thank you breoni for your kind review regarding the Courtyard by Marriott in Salina. We love having you here with us each year and are thrilled to hear we continue to provide the level of service you have come to enjoy while you are here in Salina. Our new Bistro is a wonderful addition to our hotel with so many options and items made fresh daily! We look forward to welcoming you again next year!

Reviewed 13 February 2013

I had been on the road with a toddler and a pup for over 9 hours. I was so tired and it was way too cold to leave my pup in the car- so we settled down for the night in the most wonderful room. We were all comfortable and the room had a lot of extra space for the baby to play, the pup to stretch out and me to unwind. The pet fee was steep $75- but well worth it. The only issue I had was that since it was a slow morning the restaurant closed at 8:30 so we did not arrive early enough for breakfast. I would have liked notification because it would have been a lot easier to eat there than load up the baby and then find some where to eat- and in this part of KS that was not an easy thing to do. We actually did without and picked up fruit when we filled up.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Michelle J, General Manager at Courtyard Salina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear Jenn-n-Bear: I believe you posted your review for the incorrect hotel. The Courtyard by Marriott in Salina does not allow pets and since we do not allow pets there would not be a $75 pet fee. I have contacted Tripadvisor to correct your review to show with the proper hotel to which it applies.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

My travels brought me to Salina to visit with some clients in town. My original hotel stop was at the Hampton Inn next door, but they were sold out so I booked at the Courtyard instead. I stay at Courtyards from time to time, but this property was fantastic! The lobby was open and inviting and the front desk staff were very welcoming. I appreciate the extra touches of the clerk stepping away from the counter to greet you to hand your room key. They look you in the eye to say Thank you. May not be much to others, but for me, that respect goes a long way.

The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. While I didn't dine at their bistro, I was able to get a Starbucks blend coffee to go.

All in all, a very nice hotel and definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business