“Good In Spite”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Our group was comprised of three families, with a total of 8 children under the age of 13. The enclosed courtyard is wonderfull. The complementary breakfast is great. In spite of the fact that the jets in the hot tub weren't working and the sauna was out-of-order, I consider this to have been a very good choice for us. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a first-floor room that opens to the courtyard.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
ks119, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Leonard B, thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the Courtyard. It is a great place for families to meet and spend time together. Also, I'm glad you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast with your stay. I do apologize that our hot tub doesn't have multiple levels for the jets; instead it just has the regular jets. Also, the sauna hasn't worked since we acquired the hotel and we use it for pool storage and it shouldn't be listed as an amenity on any websites. Thanks again and hope you choose to stay here again.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 2 December 2011

We had an amazing time at this hotel. They have put a lot of work into it since my last stay with new carpet, wallpaper and paint. It is pretty amazing on the inside. We had the same great friendly service from the ladies at the front desk. Also, they offered us freshly popped popcorn. It was a perfect way to end the evening with eating in the restaurant onsite and getting popcorn for our room to watch a movie on TV. It was like a home away from home. The ladies were very accommodating to us on our stay. Housekeeping did an amazing job with cleaning our room as well. We will stay here again soon when we travel for the holidays. I would recommend this place to family, friends and even strangers. This is a very nice place to stay for a reasonable cost.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

KansasBestguest, thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Quality Inn & Suites. We would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 November 2011

I am traveling on business to the area frequently so I've stayed at 6 or 7 hotels in the area. I'm going to try to remember to rate them all.

My problem with this place was the smell when I opened the door to my room. There were also 2 fly's in my room that were giving me fits. I didn't like the towels...but I slept fine and the place was pretty quiet.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Foodie240, thank you for choosing Quality Inn and Suites for your stay. We appreciated having you here with us. I'm glad you slept well minus the room smelling a little funny. I wish you would have let the front desk know so they could have moved your room, brought up an air freshener or contacted housekeeping for the ozone machine which filters the air in the room. I do apologize for that and hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

This hotel was a very good value. We stayed here while moving from Maryland to Nevada. We were driving a 26ft Uhaul and pulling a car. There is decent truck parking. The breakfast was very good. I have stayed in Choice hotels approximately 30 days within the last year and this is an above average hotel. I would definitely stay here again if I were driving across the country.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
ks119, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback on your stay! We would love you to stop by again.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

was very leary of motel after readings reviews and room price. was pleasanstly surprised after arrival. rooms were clean and ac worked good. has a nice game room with sliding doors in rear of room for step out access. kids swam and i guess enjoyed the pool. nice bar/ restaraunt. easy access.

Room Tip: get a room that is accesses the game room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review. We have done a lot of renovations here at the property and glad to hear that people like them. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here on the way through Kansas. We got to our room and the smoke detector was beeping because it needed a new battery. The front desk agent was not able to locate a battery or anyone to change it, so gave us a different room next door, which happened to be a suite. Kind of funny because it had a heart shaped spa tub. But was a nice enough room. Thanks to them for accomodating quickly.
The bar was full that night with a football game. The service in the bar was great, and the food was pretty good too. Prices were reasonable.
We did use the hot tub, but it was TOO hot. I like a very hot tub, and this was almost dangerously hot. Not that big of deal that night, but that was one of the reasons we stayed there.
Overall, good experience. Good value, comfortable stay

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate it. We have had a few complaints about the hot tub being too hot however we have also had some saying it wasn't hot enough. I did instruct our Maintenance team to look into the temperature of it and make sure it is set to the standard temperature. Also, I'm glad to hear that the front desk staff were very accommodating and speedy about the fire alarm. Thanks again for your wonderful feedback.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

We were slightly disappointed in this hotel, but it has great potential going forward. They are doing renovations to the entire hotel and hopeful that will make a big difference. I was mostly disappointed in the number of things that were unavailable at the time of our stay. The Hot Tub, the Sauna, the Pool Table, and the Ping Pong table were all out of service along with some of the games. I was especially looking forward to the sauna – since not many hotels have them anymore. The pool itself was all right although the entire room was very warm and smelled strongly of chlorine. The hotel room itself was average – with the beds being fairly comfortable, but the entire hotel smelled of glue because of all of the carpeting they were putting in. Again – down the road, it will look great, but it was frustrating during our stay. The breakfast area was adequate and was tasty, but nothing special and the front desk person was not at the desk either of the times, I went there. He had a long walk to get coffee refilled for the guests and he had to check on the people working on the carpeting and that caused some issues on both check-in and check-out as we had to wait for his return. Overall – once they get everything finished and working – this has potential to be a very nice hotel, but the timing on our stay seemed to be bad and it was not a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
ks119, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

ReunionTravelers, Thank you for your review. I appreciate it. We are currently done with our inside renovations and look forward to updating the exterior of our hotel sometime soon. The sauna has never worked since we acquired the hotel and therefore we have turned it into a pool storage room. We have also pulled it from our amenities list on choicehotels.com website. The hot tub is currently working along with the other games we offer. We would love for you to stay with us again and see all the renovations completed. Thanks again.