“2 night stay”

Super 8 Salina I-70
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Salina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ames
Reviewed 17 June 2014

motel was fine ~ front desk staff really helped me out ~~ about an hour after I checked out, I had a mishap in the field and got covered with muddy water ~~ was able to "get my room back" to clean up and change clothes

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 Salina I-70, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
LOL, I am sorry you got muddy in the field, but I am sure glad that we were able to help you get cleaned up again, even after you had checked out. My staff really does try to please everyone as much as possible and it was great that we could help you.

Thanks for staying with us here at the Super 8 I-70 in Salina and I hope to see you again on your next trip:)

Have a great day!
BELLEVILLE
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This Super 8 is rated quite well on Trip Advisor and I will concur BUT do not stay in their handicapped room 102. I spent a miserable night due to an unidentified intermittent noise from the headboard side of the room. It was so bad I got up, dressed and went to the night clerk to ask where the noise was coming from. My wife characterized the sound as jet engines at a distance and I, as motorcycle motors. The next morning the door to their work area (dryers, washers, etc.) was open so I went in to find the noise. It proved to be the burners on their large hot water hears coming on and going off as mater temperature was maintained. My suggestion to the manager was to convert that room 102 into a store room and not rent to guests. Another option is to move all the furniture so the headboard is against the opposite wall. I received a prompt return email from the General Manager and he assured me he would look into the problem

Room Tip: Handicapped...specifically avoid room 102.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 Salina I-70, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thanks very much for your nice response:) I did receive a personal email on this situation. We have had a plumber look into the situation and he adjusted the flow of the gas to the hot water heater. So far, we have not had any more complaints about any noise coming from this room.

I hope this has solved the problem. All of us here at the Super 8 I-70 in Salina take pride into being able to please our guests as much as possible:)

Thanks again and I hope to see you on your next trip!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The only real issue was a remote for the TV was missing. The clerk was good about getting a replacement, but that one did not work with the TV in my room. She gets points for trying.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 Salina I-70, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us here in Salina. I am sorry that you did not have a remote in your room and also sorry that the replacement didn't work very well. All our TV's do have remotes, sometime previous guest' take them and unfortunately we sometimes don't realize it until a new guest check into the room.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I do hope you do continue to stay with us here at the Super 8 I-70 when you travel through.

Once again, thanks and have a great day!

Salina
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Great room. Comfortable room for a good price. Very pet friendly. The only complaint was that the room had been previously occupied by a smoker who thought the No Smoking sign were for someone else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 Salina I-70, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
THANK YOU!! It is so nice to hear from all our guest', especially when they are very happy with their stay:) I am so glad that your stay was what it should have been and more. It makes all of us that work hard feel good when we hear these things. I know it is also great for our guest' when they know that they have gotten a great value for the money they have spent.

All of us here at the Super 8 I-70 in Salina hope that you do stay with us again on your next trip and we also hope you tell all of your friends and family that might be traveling through Salina to stay with us:)

Once again, thanks for everything and have a great day!

Salina
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Needs up dated
We stayed at one in Kansas nice room great place to eat breaks fast (lots of tables).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying at the Super 8 I-70 in Salina. I am sorry to hear that you thought we need some updating. We have just spent the better part of a year updating the property. We still have a few rooms to go to be completely updated. We have added new carpet, new beds, new headboards, new wallpaper to most of the property, with, as I said, a few rooms to go before we are finished.

I do hope you decide to stay with again so you can see all the new things we had added.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Mikw