Super 8 Salina I-70
US$125
US$95
US$93
Priceline
Days Inn Salina South(Salina)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$53
Priceline
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskwould stay here against louisfirst floorstopping pointafter a long daycontinental breakfastnice staynight's sleepking suitegreat roomwe've stayedstaff was very friendlybiscuits and gravyindoor poolgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Nice Super 8. The rooms are updated and they allow pets. The only down side is the taxes. For a $79.00 room, the total was $99.00 with taxes. Places to eat were 9 miles away. It is right off I-70, o easy access.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jgrandpa
Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 Salina I-70, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you very much for your nice comments. I am glad you thought it was a nice Super 8 hotel. We have done a tremendous amount of remodeling and refurbishing. We are continuing to do so. I know most of the popular chain restaurants are a few miles away, we still do have some nice ones right here at our exit also. We do have the IHOP, Grandma Max's and the Iron Skillet. These are very good local places that have a good variety of food to offer. Hopefully next time you stay with us you might be able to try one of these.

Thanks again and hope to see you the next time you are "passing through" :)

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Wife and I stayed in the same room - 201 - as Richard B who gave a negative rating because the room was musty smelling. It did NOT smell of anything while we were there. Very nice place.
The front desk clerk greeted is cheerfully and was very helpful when we asked for directions to a local restaurant. It is in a quiet location - no noisy people or kids either. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was clean.
Liked the fridge - cold and worked well. Freezer refrozen our blue ice perfectly.
Our stay was outstanding. We will stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you very much:) I am glad you enjoyed your stay while you were here at the Super 8 I-70 in Salina, KS. It is nice to hear when someone's stay is as good as yours was. We all work hard everyday to make sure that we keep it this way. It is a nice little quiet place that is easy to get on and off the interstate. Once again, thank you for staying and all of us hope to see you again on your next trip.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

When you are traveling across the US it's nice to stop at a good hotel, this one is. Great staff, clean, quiet, and comfortable. Pet friendly. Several places to eat and a Starbucks across the street. Easy on and off of the interstate.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 Salina I-70, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you so much! It is very nice to hear when someone has a great stay:) All of us here try so hard to make sure that everyone's stay is what it should be. It is a nice little reward when we hear that we accomplish this. I want to thank you for staying with us and also would like to say that I hope we see you again on your next trip through Salina.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Even for the price, we'd be hard pressed to give this older place a higher rating. Aside from the crumbs on the dresser top and the sicky-sweet smell of Old Urine in the bathroom (mgmt: FYI, Rm 221), the room was passably clean. However the 2 queen beds had old style mattresses, not very comfy, and the 3 small pillows on each bed were like old, permeable balloons stuffed with 2 cups of feathers. They decreased in size to about 1" in thickness immediately when used. The continental breakfast offerings were on the very low side of average. On a positive note, the air-conditioner worked very well. I would not stay at this location again even if the room were $20 cheaper.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 Salina I-70, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

I would like to say that I am sorry that your room was not what you thought it should have been. We try very hard to make sure every guest has a clean and comfortable room. Most of our beds have been replace in the last 6 months, but we have a few to go. The ones that are left still have quite some time before brand standards makes us get new ones. I am sorry they weren't comfortable.

As far as the pillows, we have all brand new pillows in the entire hotel. We use the ONLY pillow that Super 8 let's us use. We are also required to put only 2 of them on a queensize bed, but we put 3 on each of our queens and 4 on the king beds. We also have everything on our continental breakfast that Super 8 allows us to have. We are under strict guidelines as to what we can or can't put out at breakfast. If we have anything other than what the corporate office allows us to have, we are penalized. We fail our inspection and have to pay a re-inspection fee which is quite large.

As for the room having crumbs on the desk and bath not smelling decent, I am very sorry. That is totally unacceptable. If you should decide to stay here again, and I hope you do, please call me direct at 785-823-8808 and I will personally make sure everything is ok.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is one of the best Super 8's, indeed motels, that we have ever stayed in. The room was way nicer than we expected and even had a flat screen TV with excellent reception. There was art on the walls and the entire place was simply deluxe. We have paid a lot more for a lot less most of the time. We really were impressed with this place. Very enthusiastically recommend this place. It is very conveniently located to I-70. The place was clean and there was simply nothing we could find fault with. Would definitely stay here again. If anyone wants to actually see what a room looks like, I will be posting a video of one soon on YouTube.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John E
Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 Salina I-70, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! It is so nice to get such a great compliment:) All of my staff works very hard to make sure that all of our guests' stays are as good as yours. We accomplish this most of the time. When we get a review like this, it just makes us all feel proud to work in the lodging industry.

I hope that we do see you on your next trip through Salina and hope you do stay here at the Super 8 I-70.

Thanks again for your kind words and hope you have safe and enjoyable travels:)