“Great place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Salina
colorado
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed on our way to our spring break fun! Great, convenient location. Night auditor was great when we checked in and super helpful, I think her name was Kim. She definitely set the tone of our visit. Breakfast was outstanding with lots of choices. So glad we picked this as a stopping point.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kymberly_Metcalf, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salina, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are motivated to know we exceeded your expectations. Thank you so much for your thoughts about our hotel and our staff. I will make sure to tell my staff about the friendly stay you encountered. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Salina, Kansas!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

Would stay there again for sure. Manager is very good at her job by putting customer service and the needs of the guest 1st. I was there for a funeral and recieved a condolance card in myroom the days of the funeral. Breakfast was good. Room was clean.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kymberly_Metcalf, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salina, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback from your recent stay at our hotel! We love to hear when our guests have excellent experiences during their stay.
Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

So, my experience this time was pretty much the same as last time. My only complaints this time (yes, there were two), were that one of the beds in our room was just awful. I slept in it the first night, well, I tried to sleep. It literally was a fight to stay in the bed. It almost felt like it was tent-shaped, tall in the middle, sloping to the bottom. It. Was. Terrible. Fortunately, there were two beds, and the following night, I made my 9-year-old (who can sleep on ANYTHING) sleep in that bed. I slept in the other bed, and it was great. My other complaint is that the room that I got (#119) has only one key. Now, my experience at hotels is that they can get you another key card no problem. Not this room. This particular room had only one key that worked, and when my dad checked us into the room (before we got there), they basically said, "If you lose the key, your stuff is locked in the room." WHAT? I have a touch of anxiety, and knowing that if I accidentally locked my key in my room I would not be able to get back in was almost more than I could handle. I think they should do what is necessary to make sure that every room has at least two keys that work. As usual, breakfast was good. Love the oatmeal. We very much enjoyed playing some UNO in the lobby. They need to make more cookies, as on this particular trip, there was another family staying there that seemed to be coming from all directions. They literally sat in the lobby/breakfast area from 7 a.m. until after I went to bed at 10 p.m. There were close to 20 of them, so they nabbed all the cookies. Oh, and now that I keep typing, I just remembered another thing On Saturday night, the pool was pretty busy. There were no clean pool towels when we decided to go back to the room. I went to the front desk where I proceeded to wait for over 10 minutes for the girl to come help. I told her that they were out of towels. She asked me, "Do you need them now? There are some in the back." I said, "Yes, please. We would like to leave the pool shortly." She said she would bring them to us. 20 minutes later my sister went to check on the status of the pool towels. The girl said that she had not gotten to that because she was too busy. She asked how many we needed. My sister told her five. Five minutes later she brought out six towels. Now, it is ridiculous that we had to wait that long to get towels, but why in the world would you not bring out all the towels being that there is a pool full of people?

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay with us. We are in the process of replacing all of our mattresses, so hopefully you will be able to get a better nights rest next time you stay with us. I apologize about the inconvenience with the room key. You should be able to get additional keys to any room and I have addressed the issue with the front desk. Thank you again for your feedback!
Topeka, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

The Hampton Inn in Salina, Kansas, is everything you would expect a Hilton property to be. Very clean and efficient. KSU - Salina is a very simple short trip away. This Hampton is just off 9th Street (to the east) so there is no shortage of national chain food options if you want to venture out... and it isn't a bad drive (except for all the traffic lights) to get downtown to some of the legendary places in Salina like the Cozy Inn and The Scheme. The only downside is that on Shilling getting in or out of the place can be daunting depending on the time of day. The rooms are really quiet so although I was staying on the south side (away from Shilling) I imagine that the "street side" would not be noticably louder. The breakfast is fairly typical for these days and the staff made sure that everything was kept stocked. Everything with check-in and check-out was flawless.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kymberly_Metcalf, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salina, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am extremely pleased that you had a good experience with us. The associates here take pride in both the facilities and the service they are able to provide and love to watch the feedback. Thank you so much and we look forward to having you stay with us again!
Greeley, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

Instead of making a 10 hour drive thru to Wichita to make a Monday afternoon meeting, we booked a room with HHonors points for Sunday night. We were given a room on the top floor almost to the end of the hallway. Very quiet and comfortable. Even with a King bed and a sofa we did not feel crowded. Nobody had to move to let the other person get past them. Everything felt new.

We had planned to make a late morning departure, finish traveling to Wichita (another couple of hours) and attend our meeting., and probably overnight it in Wichita. We were so impressed with this facility we had the desk extend our stay thru Monday night, leaving our luggage behind to return from Wichita in time to go find a dinner and a movie.

The facility looks new without showing any signs of wear and tear. Staff was very friendly. Judging from the parking lot, I think the lodging was pretty well full up Monday night - but I never heard any noise from any of the other guests. I like how the breakfast serving area is behind a closed door when not in use. But both the dining area and serving area were very roomy. There was an additional area in the lobby for several laptops users that I have only seen previously in Sheraton or Westin Conference centers.

Did not observe the pool or exercise center.

Almost hated to leave, but when we are traveling to or thru the area we will make it a point to stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

Arrived late Friday, January 17th, and was checked in promptly with friendly efficiency. Good comfortable bed (but do I really need five pillows?) Nice and quiet, paid $103.50 (quoted rate with AAA discount) but a total of $118.92 by the time all the taxes were added on.
Breakfast was good, with a friendly attendant who kept the foods fresh and ready.
Easy checkout. This was just a typical predictable Hampton Inn experience, and why Hampton is my first choice on a road trip.

Room Tip: I liked the third floor. Very quiet.