“Overpriced for value”

Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Scott City
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I had not stayed in this hotel in the past, due to the price, but stayed because I do prefer Best Western hotels, when they are available. The hotel is nice, clean, with a good breakfast, but I feel it is overpriced. I am on commissioned sales, and need to watch my travel expenses. If you aren't watching your wallet, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Averil B, General Manager at Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

First of all, I would like to thank you so much for writing a review of our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be nice, clean and a good breakfast was served. I visited with you at length regarding your rate and offered you a deep discount if you stayed with us in the future. I also stressed that this rate was not "written in stone" and could be adjusted accordingly if you stayed with us on a frequent basis.

I took note of what you said to me regarding this hotel being overpriced for the area and did some research. I checked rates on all branded hotels that are within a 100 mile radius of Scott City and found that our rates were equal to or less than the rates that were offered at other places.

Again, thank you for responding and safe travels to you!

There are newer reviews for Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is the best hotel in Scott City, KS. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast offers many items and you are sure to find something you like. The rooms are clean and the hotel is well kept. Definitely a hotel to return to.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Averil B, General Manager at Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so happy that all of your stays with us have been positive ones. Our goal is to provide superior customer care to every guest every time. I also appreciate your continued loyalty to this hotel and to the Best Western brand. It was nice to see you again! Have a great summer!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Lovely place to stay very affordable, great breakfast, staff very helpful and polite. Great location, hotel is very clean and lobby is very comfortable. We will definitely use this nice hotel again and again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your kind review of our property. The entire staff takes great pride in providing a clean, friendly place for all who stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed our breakfast! We strive to offer something for everyone--so our guests can get their day off to a fantastic start.

Again, thank you for the review and I look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a great hotel, clean and very friendly staff. Breakfast food is average!! The only thing that we don't like is the slamming doors in the morning. and Hearing people talking and or fighting!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Averil B, General Manager at Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Thank you for your review of our property. I believe I visited with your over the telephone regarding the noise situation. The front desk team at this hotel always stresses to every guest at the time of check-in if there are any problems, issues, etc. to please let us know immediately so we can rectify it. The front desk is staffed 24/7. I believe that I was at the desk the night you checked-in, informing you of our availability to serve you around the clock, which included any problems you may have. If there was noise, fighting, etc. a quick call to the front desk would have corrected the situation. We take guests concerns very seriously and quick action is taken when we are made aware of it. The night staff walk the hallways and check all public areas in order to make sure all guests receive a peaceful stay.

Again, thank you for the review and look forward to serving you when you are in the area.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I would guess that this is the nicest hotel in the Scott City area. It's your basic hotel with not many frills. But the staff is super friendly, and the hotel is clean and in good repair. I was a little worried about the noise level as I could hear other guest's tvs from the hallway, but once I was in my room, I wasn't bothered by any outside noise. The breakfast that's offered in the morning was lovely, and the staff was very personable and made sure that everything was stocked and cleaned. My coworker and I had a lovely, relaxing breakfast. Another guest had a teenager with them and I overheard the teen say that she was "in heaven" by all of the choices. The only negative I could report is that the tub/shower didn't drain as well as it should. Other than that, it was a nice, clean place to stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank breoni
Averil B, General Manager at Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for writing a review of our property to share with the travel community. I am so glad that your stay here was pleasant and it exceeded your expectations. We take tremendous pride in our hotel and strive to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable.

Did you happen to mention your experience with the slow drain to the front desk staff? I encourage all guests to report anything that is not working to us so we can get it corrected for future travelers.

Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The rooms are very large, quiet and CLEAN! An indoor pool and hot tub were very nice. The breakfast was outstanding: waffles, pancakes, bacon, eggs, & a variety of "continental items". The front desk loaned me their personal charger for my phone. Everyone went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. It is also very affordable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Averil B, General Manager at Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you so much for the very nice review! As a staff, we strive to provide a friendly, clean and economical experience for all of our guests. This is what we want to be known for! Again, thank you for the review. I am looking forward to seeing you more often in the near future! Happy New Year to you!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The room was Great! It was clean spacious. The lady at the front desk when we checked in was wonderful. The hot tub was perfect, we were driving all day and it has been so cold, it was the perfect thing we needed to warm up and relax. There is a business center if you need it. An exercise room and a guest laundry. Breakfast was the best! Thanks so much for Breakfast!! We recommend to everyone to stay here!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Averil B, General Manager at Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed every aspect of our property--the guest rooms, breakfast offerings and the pool and spa area. I am also glad that you found the staff very friendly and inviting. This is why we are here! I do hope that you come see us if you ever return to southwest Kansas in the future.

Again, thank you for the review. All the best in 2014!

Been to Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!