“Great food”
Review of Barley's Brewhaus

Barley's Brewhaus
Reserve with OpenTable
Barley's Brewhaus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 122 Restaurants in Shawnee
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Kansas, United States
“Great food”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Second time eating here and was just as good as the first time. Monster beer selection! The portions are about right for the price, the service was excellent and had no issues with anything with a large group of us.

Visited July 2014

Kansas City, Missouri
“good local spot”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

BArleys has surprised me the last few tiimes I've been there. I sued to think of them only as a bar with typical bar food but they have some great things you wouldn't expect to find

Visited April 2014
Kansas City, Kansas
“Great beer selection & good food too!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We eat at Barley's at least twice a month. I usually try a new IPA for fun from their huge beer on tap selection. They have a variety of menu offerings - more sophisticated than a typical bar & grill. That said, my husband usually orders their burger which is reliably good. I like their salads topped with grilled salmon or chicken and the flatbreads like chicken and broccoli with peanut sauce. We both like the fish and chips - enough to split unless you are starving. Try the sweet potato fries too.

• Visited May 2014
Ballwin, Missouri
“delicious all you can eat fish and chips and cheddar ale soup but awful pan seared chicken; good beer selection”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I ate there this past Friday March 14, 2014 for lunch. My wife had the all you can eat fish and chips and I had the pan seared chicken. I'm glad my wife got the all you can eat fish and chips because I ended up needing to eat hers because the chicken in the pan-seared chicken entree was absolutely awful. The potatoes and green beans that came with the chicken were delicious but the chicken itself was inedible. I probably should have sent it back and probably would have except that the simplest solution to the problem was to share the fish and chips that my wife had ordered. The fish in their fish and chips was very good, definitely above average. Combined with the malt vinegar and tasty tartar sauce, the fish was superb. And being all you can eat, they gladly brought us as many extra pieces as we wanted. They also had a very nice selection of beers. A couple of weeks earlier we had gotten their cheddar ale soup to go and it was very, very good. Service was a bit slow but generally adequate. All in all, a pretty good place but due to how bad the chicken was, can only grade it overall as average. Prices were a bit on the high side as the fish and chips were $15. Had the chicken been good, the $9 price would have been a good value, but since it was actually awful, it was very bad value.

• Visited March 2014
Kansas City MO
“Good Food”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We went on a weekend evening and the place was very crowded.  The menu items cost more than we usually spend for casual dining, but the dishes were delicious.  My husband said his steak was one of the best he's ever had.

• Visited April 2013