“Simmer Motel - 4th stay Nov. 3”
Review of Simmer Motel

Simmer Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wamego
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We stay at the Simmer Motel whenever we need lodging for a K-State football game. If you want a clean room and an easy staff to work with, this is definitely the place to stay. This is probably the best value in the Manhattan area, especially if you prefer to eat breakfast outside the motel. We think their are some excellent places to eat breakfast in Wamego, so we don't want one of those motel/hotel provided breakfasts. My wife really likes the unique furniture in each room along with the individual themes. They have quite a variety of rooms, so make sure you talk with the desk to find out which one suits your needs the best. We've had suites, queens, and the honeymoon suite. My only wish is that they would convert some of the smoking rooms to non-smoking. I think that would make them easier to book. Their online booking seems to be a little cheaper than if you call the front desk. However, we usually call to request a specific room.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building only have one bed, so you don't have to worry about the adjoining roo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bafdef
SimmerManager, Manager at Simmer Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Hello, we wanted to thank you for your continued support and also for your wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you and your wife this year at game time.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

My only complaints were there was only one ice machine, iron and board for the complex That could be an issue sometimes.. Room was very very clean. Refer and microwave were just right. Had plenty, I mean plenty of clean towels. Some places are cheap in this area. Towels, and especially sheets, were super soft. Don't know what they do to clean them, but man was I pleasantly surprised at the softness of the sheets when I crawled into bed. Sure helped me relax and sleep...honest. Recliners were a real blessing following my recent surgery. Table was perfect for my computer. Overall, maybe I should give Simmer a five!!! I needed to really relax and I was able to here. I would definately recommend Simmer Motel to friend/s...without pausing. THANKS SIMMER MOTEL. Don Peterson

Room Tip: Last two did not apply to this motel. DId have an outdoor (seasonal) pool. If someone wants east o...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DonaldP187
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We have been staying here for the last 4 years and love it. It is only 12 miles from Manhattan, so it is very handy when we head up for Kansas State games - and the tiny price MORE than makes up for the drive! The first thing we noticed when we started staying at the Simmer was the cleanliness - you walk in the room and can smell how clean it is. No - it's not particularly fancy.....but I honestly enjoy the fact that I don't have the commercial white sheets on my bed. A coffee maker, refrigerator, wireless internet, and microwave just enhance the experience. Even though we don't always take advantage of these amenities, it's nice to know they're available if we need them. The staff is pretty awesome too.....they always go out of their way to accommodate us - if we need to stop in early and drop some stuff off - that's fine with them. Our room may not be totally ready, but we don't have to wait to check in at 10 p.m. either. We would not even think of staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Deb B
Reviewed 24 October 2012

When I go to Wamego to work we always stay here. Its clean fun every friendly price is great. Each room has been painted as a theme. Will always stay here. They are not fancy but they are each one speacial. There is not one bad thing to say about anything.

Room Tip: Always book far in advance they are always buisy
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Debra L
SimmerManager, Manager at Simmer Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing comment of our motel.. I am happy that you found our rooms clean and fun. It makes me smile to know you have enjoyed our theme décor." We have some new themes to have you tryout". Please know that your review is extremely appreciated and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best.

Sincerely The Simmer Motel

Reviewed 27 September 2012

What a pleasant surprise when I opened the door to my room. Nothing fancy but great atmosphere and Super clean and nice. They go the little extra to make it special. I was like staying at the farm when I was a kid. Older furniture and lots of floral patterns on the bed. 6 pillows. I asked for a refund after paying for a room at a hotel up the road the few miles due to the dirty condition, (transient motel)

I will go out of my way to stay here again. Loved it.
Two cats not in the yard but in the office where a pleasant surprise also. And they are not house cats.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Eric R

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your stay with us in 2012. I am happy that you were pleasantly surprised and had a good experience. We are always updating the rooms with flat screen tvs and newer furniture but never want to take the quaint out of the motel. I am also thrilled that you felt everything was clean. And my husband will be glad to know that you enjoyed his contribution to the office also. Sincerely The Simmer Motel

Reviewed 30 August 2012

We chose to stay at the lower priced motel in Wamego and were pleasantly surprised.
Everything was clean and had been newly redecorated. New paint, carpet and other accessories. The beds were comfortable. Plenty of hot water and towels.
The manager met all our requests which included having a room that was nonsmoking and available to be handy for my husband who is handicapped.
It was on the highway to Manhattan, KS. so would be handy for those attending sports events at K-State.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jcle5
SimmerManager, General Manager at Simmer Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Hello, We at the Simmer Motel know this response to your review has taken a while.But wanted to thank- you for taking the time to review your positive experience at the Simmer Motel. I am so happy you found that we provided excellent service during your stay. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

I love to stay here because I get a room with a kitchen for the same price or less then most hotels in the area. Plus, they allow pets and I like it when I get to travel with my dog.Owners friendly accommodate clean towels.The pool is small. The beds, bathrooms and area is kept really clean. They had just cleaned my carpet prior to my arrival. It spelled very nice.It is centrally located with Manhattan and Topeka only 25 minutes away and Emporia within an hour. Grocery store is within walking distance so you can have your meals in the room.

Room Tip: Let them know if you want the kitchen so you get the appropriate room. I always schedule ahead of ti...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Connie V
SimmerManager, Manager at Simmer Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

We want to thank you Mrs. Connie for such a nice review. We are always happy to have you and your family stay with us. We appreciate your continued support of our small business. It is always wonderful to hear that we are giving our customers everything they need to enjoy their time away from home with as little stress as possible. We look forward to your next visit. Kitten,Dog, kids, Mom and Dad, the whole gang. Hope to see you soon, Simmer Mgmt

Been to Simmer Motel? Share your experiences!