“Great place to stay!!”
Review of Simmer Motel

Simmer Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wamego
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We were in Kansas for a family wedding and just happened to find the Simmer Motel by accident. My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights with a total bill of $114. Very quiet, comfortable and clean. Also very friendly staff people, who gave us advice on any question we had about the town and surrounding areas. The room was creatively decorated with antiques (a fireplace mantel for a headboard on our queen size bed) and other "original unrestored" pieces around the room. We even had a couch! If the smaller town atmosphere isn't exactly for you, Manhattan,KS is only about 20 minutes away! We are from the country where we are used to peace and quiet. We didn't hear a noise from other guests or from the street! We would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy J

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We had to stop in Wamego, KS for health reasons and found the Simmer Motel. Very inexpensive ($58) and run by a nice family. They are in the process of decorating some rooms with themes, one is about OZ, and if you like homey and charming, without too many frills, this is the place for you. They have repeat visitors, like construction workers, so there is a little redneck feel but it was quiet enough and no one bothered us. We were very pleased to have found this little place and would recommend it to anyone traveling through for a clean and cheap night's stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The Simmer Motel is a jewel of a find. Located in Wamego, KS just about 15-20 minutes away from KSU campus, it is the perfect travel stop for families, couples, girl trips - even hunters and field workers find respite here. The rooms are well-equipped and clean. Beds are comfortable and the staff is friendly. Some of the rooms have a fun themed decor. When I stay here I feel like I'm visiting a friend.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Big12chick
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The people who work here are incredibly nice. They bent over backwards to make us feel welcome and our stay was great. We brought 2 dogs and there was plenty of room to walk them around. I lost my room key and they told me not to worry about it... no charge. I found it in my purse today so I'm mailing it back. Simmer Motel has unique features no chain of hotels has and I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JennySwonderful
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Rooms could use a little updating, but was very large and had two bedrooms, a full size fridge etc. Stayed there after a K-State game and it was a fairly quick drive from Manhattan. Bathroom was a little small, but clean. Front desk staff person was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Sherry B
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We came to town for our daughters wedding, my wife,mother in law and i shared a room. They even had room for me to park my semi truck.very friendly, quick to take care of our needs, very clean, affordable wash/ dryer. Everything in walking distance. Great country setting, clean pool, playground, excellent staff. Oh did i mention that it was labor day weekend, and k- state game. No rate increase! May not be a five star, high price hotel. But got treated like 5 star guest. Thank you very much for your woundful hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank truckdriver1968
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We were recently traveling through Kansas and were looking for a place to stay close to Alma, KS, and the Simmer Motel had very good reviews and great prices. Simmer Motel lived up to and beyond our expectations! The owners were very nice and talked to us about some of the local history and places to see. The room was immaculate and very nicely outfitted. It is probably the cleanest place we have ever stayed. We travel through Kansas periodically, and we will definitely make this a stop whenever we can, and we highly recommend this place to anyone. It's worth the few extra miles off of I70!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 765ericb
SimmerManager, Owner at Simmer Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Thank-you so much for taking the time to write a review on tripadviser. I am so glad that your stay was a good one. It made me so happy to read all of the wonderful things you said about us.
We try so hard to achieve the high standards that people expect and rightly so. I will let my staff know that all my ranting about having to be the cleanest motel around was appreciated. Sincerley Simmer Motel

Been to Simmer Motel? Share your experiences!