“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Waterville B&B and Inns
O'Fallon, Missouri
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2011

I have stayed at the Vintage Charm on a few different occasions during hunting seasons. The owners Tony & Ann Mann run a class act facility. The house is very clean, comfortable and has a lot of the modern can't do with out items through out. You won't find a better place to stay where you definitely feel like you are the king of the palace.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank gtcities

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

For the past four years, we have stayed at Vintage Charm whenever my husband and I visit my dad in a neighboring town. We have begun to call it our favorite "home away from home."
My husband loves the relaxing atmosphere and the egg casserole, and I love the best coffee cake ever and the comfy beds. I always sleep so well, and we love the fact that we can get up at our leisure and have breakfast whenever we are ready. Ann has done a wonderful job of decorating and it is fun to see all the before, during, and after pictures in an album on the coffee table. We always look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ginny65616
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

I was looking up the phone number for the Vintage Charm B&B because we were passing through the area again and we enjoyed our previous stay so much we thought we would make the stop again. I usually don't write too many reviews on here but when I saw another review that was less than favorable I felt compelled to leave a good review for Tony and Ann. They were such nice people and accommodated us very well. The house is a restored turn of the century Victorian house which really makes it a great place and Ann has really decorated it beautifully. The beds are really comfy and the rooms were spotless.

We also enjoyed the food. I liked the eggs so much that I asked for the recipe.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julbug610
downs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2011

this is a very charming house. The owners, Ann and Tony, are friendly and wonderfully helpful. The house is very nicely decorated and we loved having the whole place to ourselves. The breakfast egg souffle was by husbands favorite but I liked the yummy coffee cake. Yes, we did warm up breakfast ourselves but I find that much more relaxing. I want to be on my own time schedule and appreciated the freedom. (Ann did point this out ahead of time so she would have had it ready for us if we had asked). I feel anyone would enjoy their stay here.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank willtravel823
Bloomington, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

The location was great and suited our needs perfectly; the decor and accommodations were pleasant, but that's where it ends. The heat hadn't been turned on yet, so while we could turn up the AC, we could not control the warmth at night.

We've stayed at other B&Bs with 'non-resident innkeepers', but the innkeeper has never greeted us with "Your eggs are in the refrigerator; when you're ready for breakfast, just pop them in the microwave for a minute or two". Egg casserole that we had to reheat ourselves and leftover coffeecake didn't fulfill our concept of a nice hearty breakfast.

The next time we travel through this area, we'll probably stay at a chain motel where I serve a hot breakfast--at least it would be prepared and under a warmer when I'm ready for it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank fitfan1
VintageCharmHotel, Owner at Vintage Charm Guesthouse / Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2011
As a 7 year Bed and Breakfast owner, I take great pride in my cleaniness, quality of food and hospitality. In contacting this guest about her review, I found it was a result of miss communication between them and myself. When I asked if they would consider returning they said yes.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville
Oak Tree Inn - Marysville
Oak Tree Inn - Marysville
#1 of 2 in Marysville

Been to Vintage Charm Guesthouse / Hotel? Share your experiences!