“A place to stop”

Oak Tree Inn - Wellington
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way to Dallas. We were tired and didn't feel like hunting down a room in Wichita during the holidays, so we just stopped. The attendant was kind of creepy, but they room was cheap and nice! I was afraid it was going to be a dingy hole in the wall, but it was not! The room was very updated including a new flat screen TV. For $63 it was very nice! The only downfall; we got a room close to a stock yard across the street and there was a horse trailer in the lot outside our door so the night got a little noisy with all the livestock!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MercedesNicole

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The room I stayed in was a full size with one bed. Everything in the room from carpet to bedspread was new. Everything about the room was fine. It was on the high priced side, but as I am a capitalist, good for them. If I didn't want to pay that much I could have slept in my vehicle. The staff were all very pleasant. Easy access in and out. I would not be afraid to stay there again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

I work for the BNSF Railway as a conductor and my company puts us up in the Wellington Ks Oak Tree Inn. Over the years,.I have stayed in most every room at this hotel several times over.
The carpet in each room is beyond filthy ! Slick and sticky is the norm. The bottoms of your feet will be black in just a few steps. I have repeatedly brought this situation to the attention of management with no results. I am going to corporate then state health dept.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank MotelHotelPatel
Reviewed 23 May 2012

this is the high price motel/hotel in wellington kansas, bulit for the railroaders to sleepover between city's,so you will understand why they could care less if you stayed or not as they get paid better from them than you and the help will let you know this real quick. room was $76.00 for handicap room and the deskman could care less if i was staying there or move on down the road.....and that is what i will do from now on just travel 20 minutes more and stay in wichita.

Room Tip: Travel 20 minutes more and you will have better prices and service than here.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sumkingpin
Pargolf72, Manager at Oak Tree Inn - Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

We do care about all our guests and we apologize for any short comings of our desk staff during your check-in. We will re-address our standards and expectations with our staff. We appreciate your stay and will do our best in the future to make sure all our guests feel welcome at the Oak Tree Inn and that Wellington and our hotel are worth the stay.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I've stayrd there twice. I like the nice chair to sit in and they had all the basic cable channels.
Both times, different rooms, the grout in the bathrooms were dirty and the door locks didn't work right. No coffee makers or ice buckets. I also think $89 is a lot for a room in a small town. I think the next time I'm going to stay in Wichata.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I stayed two weekday nights in a first floor room. My room had newer carpet, flat screen TV and good lighting. The room is perfectly light-tight, I think for shift workers that stay there. The wireless worked and the staff was very helpful. The bed, shower and noise level were just adequate. The location is convenient to Super Walmart, Liquor store and I-35. The diner was hustling and a nice change of pace if you have time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2009

I have stayed at other Oak Tree Inns and they were not too bad. The Wellington property is well past its time. Small room, worn funishings, could have been a bit cleaner.
Pricing is above what a motel of this caliber and this general region should be.
The included breakfast at Penny's Diner works out well.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellington
Hampton Inn & Suites I-35 / Mulvane
#2 of 5 in Winfield
Super 8 Arkansas City KS
Super 8 Arkansas City KS
#2 of 5 in Arkansas City

Been to Oak Tree Inn - Wellington? Share your experiences!