“its by far the best motel i havebever stayed in. u work pipeline so im always in a motel. the price is good. you dont get room s”
Review of Chisholm Trail Inn

Chisholm Trail Inn
Chisholm Trail Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Wellington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 February 2014

its by far the best motel i havebever stayed in. u work pipeline so im always in a motel. the price is good. you dont get room service and its not like your averafe motel. when i first got here i did not like the accomadations but since i have been here they have done everything to make my room a better stay. they brought in new beds matress and pillows. they are getting ready to change the carpets and rugs. they cook for us. i have never stayed in a motel with such great hospitality. the workers are down to earth and take your requests into consideration. i will definately be back here again if im ever in this area again. its under new management and they have made great changes

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank ramblincajun88

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Our stay at this lodging is memorable because it was so nasty! It was so bad we took photographs to show our friends in case they didn't believe us. Sticky dirty residue on most surfaces. Moldy scum in tub and on shower walls. Bedspread well stained with dried "stuff" on it. We had to pin the drapes closed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I posted this review once before but it was rejected and that's ok, I'm glade to see someone is watching so I will try it again. I didn't say a lot about the place and sometimes I just don't, when you live in motels day in and day out they start to all look alike, but I will expand on my review. Would I stay here again YES, would I stay here while on vacation with a friend NO. This place is a little rough, guys come in from work and there dirty and it's impossible to keep a room in mint condition under these conditions. In the evenings guys are out grilling and drinking adult beverages and at four in the morning there up and out the door ready for work. I liked the owners, in fact I left my college flag in my room so I called to see if they would hang on to it until I pass back though and they said yes. I asked for an extra lamp, no problem. These are local boys that bought a motel and doing a pretty good job.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Troy D
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This place is the worst motel imaginable. The owner is extremely rude and judgmental. The rooms are dirty and in very poor shape. The motel looks like it is falling apart. The bed in the room is sagging. You do not want to stay here. There are better motels in Wellington that deserve business more than this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Donald C
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I wish I had read the other reviews before staying here. EW! What a nightmare! The gentleman who runs the place seems very nice but I have never stayed in such a disgusting place! If I had known we were closer to better motels/hotels, we would have kept driving. America's Best should check out their properties! This place seriously needs to be shut down! Sheets and towels appeared to be clean but I still couldn't chance showering. I waited until I got home the next day. The tub was nasty, the pool had no water in it and was covered with a ripped cover. The grounds were not kept up. The building is falling apart. We got up and left before day light! Never again will I stay in an America's Best anywhere. From reading the other reviews, it looks like this place has been this way for quite some time. The building has potential but it will take a lot!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank sls0227
heretopleaseKansas, Manager at Chisholm Trail Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

Thank you for review, we apologize for your inconvenience as we strive to make all our customers feel at home. We look forward to helping you out in the future.

Reviewed 6 December 2010

We stayed here the week before Thanksgiving 2010. Great, friendly folks running the place. They know how to make you feel at home. The motel is old & off the beaten path, not a luxury hotel, but it's clean, comfy & affordable.
We were in town to clean out Dad's house, turned out to be alot more than we bargained for, Staying at Americas Best Value in Wellington was the best part of our trip. We are looking forward to staying there again.
Thanks Frank & Wendy!
Jan & Kim

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank JanH815
Reviewed 25 October 2010

This was for a class reunion. Oh my what a surprise! It was clean and saw only 1 spider the entire stay of about 5 nights. The mattress is hard and my husband loved that but not me. The wash cloths and towels are very thin. The property is very poorly kept with paint peeling. They put smokers next to non smokers and the office reeked of smoke.

They did tell us on check in there was no breakfast and had not been for sometime. Yes, I know the web says they have it. There are plenty of places to get a cheap breakfast in Wellington, including the nice donut shop and Penny's.

The place is about 50 years old and could certainly use some TLC to the outside. The pictures on the web must have been taken many years ago or had a lot of touch up. They were very cordial to us. It was just such a shock at the sparseness. Especially after staying at Marriott Residence Inn before coming here! I would invest in a travel trailer if I had to stay here again. Wichita is not that far and would consider that if I had to stay multiple nights.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellington
Oak Tree Inn - Wellington
#2 of 3 in Wellington
Wellington KOA
Wellington KOA
#1 of 3 in Wellington

Been to Chisholm Trail Inn? Share your experiences!