“top of the line in Wichita”

Hyatt Regency Wichita
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lawrence, Kansas
“top of the line in Wichita”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt 4 nights in May and was very impressed. The upgrades to the rooms, bar area, and restaurant are well done and high end, especially the rooms.

Room was very clean, bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was exceptional. My only complaint with the room is with the limited number of tv stations available. For those of us who suffer from insomnia, it is slim pickins on late night television.

The meals at the restaurant were high quality. Pricing was so-so but I cannot complain about the quality.

We were there for a conference and the conference facilities are very good. The sound system in all of the rooms was great, lighting was good and the rooms were as comfortable as they can be in hour length presentations. The food for all of the conference meals was exceptional.

All in all, this was a good experience and it is certainly the best hotel in Wichita. We have stayed at several over the last few years and the Hyatt stand out.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank countryguylawrence

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Really....this is a nice motel and you will enjoy your stay but valet needs training. They moved the car around but didn't open doors, even when I had a cart trying to get through the doors he didn't open the doors. I still gave a tip but disappointed. I stay at Hyatt for most of my trips, I travel about. 6 times a month. They are consistently good and I'm committed to Hyatt but service needs training.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Thedrakes615
O'Fallon, Illinois
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was only 19 when I was in town to work a homeschool conference in Wichita. I was awe-struck when I showed up. This was a high-class, VERY well put-together hotel. The rooms and lobby, the staff, everything was impeccable. The only issue I had was that it seemed as though there were alot of things that, if I touched it or looked at it wrong, I would get charged for. Which, I figure is standard for hotels of this magnitude, but it was rather annoying to be nickeled-and-dimed for everything. Even a small bowl of Cheerios was more than it would cost for me to have brought my own box.
They put me in an incredible room though. Majestically clean, amazing view of the river. AND it happened to be River Fest weekend too! The fireworks show was a total surprise, but I had a front row seat to it all!
If you have the funds to pay for it, would definitely stay here. Staff are incredibly courteous, rooms are clean. Immaculate would be a tad extreme, but certainly not far off.

Room Tip: Try for a river-view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank David S
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Went here for the praire fire marathon. Near the stadium. Near the race event. Service was good. Rooms were clean. Quiet at night, good for sleeping. Enjoyed our stay. Though starbucks downstairs has early closing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Detcabmd
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I can not believe the room I ess assigned to for my 9 day visit here in Wichita! The room is immediately over the roof of the entrance to the hotel. Why would this be the room you would assign? You mean to tell me the hotel is full?

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kathy K
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Celi at the front desk was very helpful and accommodating. Hotel looks great and facilities are updated. The only thing I did not like is the parking lot which is not in the hotel itself. Although the parking structure was connected to the hotel, you still have to walk out and get affected by the weather even if you park on the 2nd floor where it's "connected". When I was there, it was cold and specially windy with tornado warnings so I was not happy walking through the parking area especially on nights when I was only able to find a parking spot that was far from the elevator.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank In2Hotels
Topeka, KS
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Recently renovated. Everything is beautiful! Rooms are spacious and quiet. I was traveling alone but their were also families with children and I didn't hear anything. Had view of the river from my room. Nice selection of wine and bourbon in the bar. Food very tasty. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Starbucks in the lobby. I will definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business