“Great place, expecially when traveling with pets”

Garden Inn & Suites Wichita East
Ranked #55 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great place, expecially when traveling with pets”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed with our 2 pet spaniels both going to and returning from New Mexico. Could not find a better place for value, convenience to Interstate, free breakfast and best of all, our 2 dogs didn't cost us any extra money!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LaQuintaEast, Manager at Garden Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for this nice review. I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us. We hope to see you back with your beautiful spaniels. Thank you once again!

Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 February 2014

While I LOVED this hotel, my daughter said her room was just so-so. I found it to be very clean, the staff were great, changed our room to a lower level one at the last minute, and I really liked the pool... it was very nice, only could have been a bit warmer. But all in all, I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
LaQuintaEast, Manager at Garden Inn & Suites Wichita East, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We take the outmost pride in our customer service skills and always hope to provide you with the best service possible. We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Thank you and have a great week!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We are limited to motels that take dogs and we knew La Quinta does, so we booked every night of a 2 week trip to Phoenix at various LQ 's along the route. We were afraid we had made a big mistake the first night when we stayed here. The building is shabby, we were told there was a "big " grassy area to exercise the dogs with clean -up bags (no bags and the area was tiny) . Exercise equipment was broken and they were out of wipes to wipe down the equipment after use.. Room was only a fraction up from a Motel 6. Shower was extremel hard to adjust. We wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced while you were a guest at our property. We will be starting renovations on the building soon that will spruce things up a bit and provide the building with a more modern look and feel. I apologize for the lack of bags in the pet area, and have spoken with the employee in charge of this area. Thank you for the heads-up on the condition of our fitness equipment so that we can remedy this issue as well. If you need anything further, please feel free to contact our guest services department at 316-685-1281. Have a great and wonderful day, and remember that we are always Here For You!

Travellers are raving about these Wichita hotels

Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We had issues with the TV, a lamp that didn't work, and a heater/ac unit that wasnot working properly. We talked with several other quests that experienced similar problems. In the welcome letter we received when we checked in it stated that the wanted to be a " perfect 10 every time. I wouldn't give them a 5. They did fix thing but not in a timely fashion. They next night we stayed at a Laquinta in Albuquerque on Iliff Rd with exceptional results. The people in Wichita could take lessons from them. I will stay some place else in Wichita on my way home. Feel free to contact me for more insight.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review of our property. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues that you experienced while staying at our property. I appreciate your information on the items that needed repairing in the room, and also apologize for the less-than-timely manner in which these things were repaired. Once again I apologize. Have a great day!
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

But close. Bird Feces all over the balcony, hadn't been cleaned in years. I went to plug in my charger behind the night stand and I don't think they had cleaned there ever. The breakfast was not up to my normal LQ standard. They take dogs so I appreciate that.

Stayed July 2013