“Real comfort!”

Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Wichita
Dixon, Illinois
“Real comfort!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here in the heat of the summer. Room was very coImfortable temp wise and clean as a whistle! I am of short stature and I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to "jump up" into bed, so many mattresses are so thick I have issues getting into bed. The bed was extremely comfortable! Not having a refrigerator was my only disappointment but that wouldn't stop me from staying in this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank catstheword
Martiece C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wichita-Northeast, responded to this review, 21 November 2015
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I'm happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and our staff was accommodating. Please stay with us again upon your next trip to our great city. Thank you.
Martiece Cook General Manager 316-636-5594 martiece.cook@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Located just south of the 96 bypass, this location is very easy to get to. Shares a large lot with a couople of retail chains, and a nice new sportsman store.
Within minutes of many varieties of dining choices. Lots of local shopping and businesses nearby.
Close to a smaller airport and aircraft companies. Plenty of parking on sight.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Woodywants2ride
Portales, New Mexico
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night on May 16-17, 2014. The hotel was kept up very nicely and the room was spotless...very good and thorough job done by the housekeeping staff. The only down I saw for this hotel was that the owners have elected not to install mini-fridges and microwaves in the rooms, which is very inconvenient. To the staff's credit on the night I stayed though, they allowed me to place my food in the staff refrigerator and heat it up in the kitchen microwave when I was ready for a midnight meal. Kudos to the staff, everyone I met was extremely friendly, accommodating, and eager to make my stay the best possible. For this class hotel, this one is very nice and I would definitely recommend it to other travelers if they are in the Wichita area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend while in town visiting family in Wichita. We were very impressed with how clean and modern the hotel was, and it was in a great, 'newer' part of town.

We had a 'king suite' room with king bed and pull out sofa bed. We loved this room because as you walk in to the 'foyer', on the left we had a mini bar, complete with sink, refrigerator, and microwave. Was great to keep our cooler on there and put our leftovers in after dining out. Microwave made it easy to heat up said leftovers! I don't believe the standard double rooms offer this, so make sure if you want these things, to verify your room options.

The room was very spacious, clean and had a great bathroom. Great water pressure and plenty of hot water for the shower.

The hotel has a very nice and spacious breakfast area with a nice assortment of food. One morning they had eggs, sausage, and french toast sticks. The next morning they had eggs, canadian bacon and potatoes. They have a waffle maker too, but one morning they ran out of batter and it took forever to get more out there backing things up. Great selection of cereals, juices, coffee, oatmeal as well.

They offer an indoor pool which is in a pretty tight space with not a lot of seating. Pool fills up quickly with just a couple families swimming in it. The room the pool is in could double as a sauna as it was incredibly steamy in there. We had to prop the door open to let some cooler air in (July in Wichita and let some cooler air in.. yes). But the kids had fun, so that's all that mattered. Decent fitness room right next to the pool.

Front desk staff was great, the girls working the breakfast area where friendly and helpful and tried to restock things as quickly as possible. We had to go down to front desk to get some sheets for the pullout and get them very quickly for us.

The hotel shares a parking lot with Cabelas, Hobby Lobby, Target, Chilis, with many other things nearby, (liquor store and other restaurants across the street), and it's right off of 96.

All in all, it was a great hotel with lots of amenities, for the price (under $100). If ever in Wichita again, I will book here.

Room Tip: If you want a fridge and microwave, get a king suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 1travelinman
Arroyo Grande, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Thanks to the bed being hard, the air-conditioning unit being loud and other guest being rude (without the staff enforcing any rules or standards or conduct of those guest) I was unable to get a good nights rest. I would not stay at this hotel, if given a choice in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have an issue free stay. We will use your feedback in order to provide a better guest experience in the future. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with excellent guest service. Please contact me personally if I can be of further assistance. Thank you.
Martiece Cook General Manager 316-636-5594 Martiece.cook@hilton.com
western kansas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I typically book Hampton Inns or Hilton Garden Inns and after doing my research on Trip Advisor, I decided to book this hotel. We needed one night to stay after the Motley Crue/Alice Cooper concert and this hotel did not disappoint.

Check in was simple, I was literally in my room within 2 minutes of walking into the hotel. The room (and entire hotel) was clean and well taken care of. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. The shower head was hung high on the wall so a tall person could easily shower without having to crouch down underneath of it. Breakfast items were the typical items offered at Hampton Inns with plenty of choices.

We had a pleasant stay here and I would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank toni_tx
Junction City, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Very satisfied with stay, Breakfast was first class only downside no hot tub. Staff was friendly and engaging, Room had plenty of space and was very well laid out. Easy access on and off the highway. Many good restaraunts near by.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple